Midrange and midbass Q

bigcarbigsound
10+ year member

Skidrocketeer
Canada
I'm planning on running a pair of These off of Zapco's 650.6 refrece amp. You can look at it on there web page I was just wondering what you guys would reccomend for midbass, midrange and tweets. I haven't been looking into the car audio sceen for a year ot two so I' not shure at all whats out there in my price range($1000-$1500 for midbass mids and tweets). I herd Zapco is putting out a line of speakers but haven't really been able to find out much about them. Are they any good? and whats the price range of them? Thanks a lot in advance for your help. Oh and by the way I'm also looking for a really basic no frills or gimmics head unit. Somthing with just the basics like play pause forward that kind of stuff but without an internal amp or any of the other gimmics that I find usless and a pai nby getting in the way when you want to do something.

For a headunit, I'd suggest THIS. Built by Denon, rebadged by RF. Excellent deadhead (no internal amp) w/ balanced outputs and nothing but fader/balance/bass/treble tuning wise.

As for components; they sky's the limit with your budget. Yes, Zapco does have components coming out (don't think they are available quite yet though). They'll have an I-force, Reference and Competition line, just like they do with the amps.

Anyways, look into higher end Rainbow, Seas, Dynaudio, Morel Elate's, DLS Iridium's, CDT 07 series, etc etc.

Well since you are building a nice, higher end system, why not go with some nice quality higher end speakers. Like Squeak said, maybe do a DIY front stage and build your own xover unit or go active with a unit like the one from AudioControl or Image Dynamics. This will allow you to totally custom tailor your listening needs. Its often that the component sets that are sold have an "average" or "generic" ability to them because each car and system imaging is different. If you were to build your own, you can use variable L-Pads for the attenuation, which offer adjustability for fine tuning, or get a nice large band EQ (like the Image Dynamics units) where you can always adjust to your tastes and music listening.

At the moment I am really liking the Seas CA18RNX mid bass, the Vifa 4" MG series midrange, and the LPG 25nfa tweeter. Which are all 8 ohm speakers, so the sound quality will be there for sure. These speakers are all highly efficient, so they dont need huge amounts of power to get the best results out of them.

For more information about DIY speakers, try this forum: http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/index.php

Thanks a lot guys. I just found out my car is worth a lot more than I thought so I wont be putting banging system in it. I'll probably be putting something cheap in it and putting my nice on in my truck or in the car I get after I sell my trans am.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.