midbass in center console

Participant count
  • Participant list

jtomsic
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
midbass in under dash/in center console how well would that work? do they need an enclosure or could they free air inside of my center console? im probaly going to get koda 8's.

heres a picture of what im talking about im tlaking about the carpet area where the carpet from the floor meets the center console below the headunit.

i think i can comfortably fit my mibass in there if it doesnt need an enclosure

231877_26.jpg

If you plan on running the frequency on the Koda's any higher than 80Hz, then forget about putting them in the ceneter console. over 80 Hz, the frequencies become directional, and having them come from the middle is not the best thing.

Let me ask you this; What sense does it make to put a speaker that plays the left signal on the right side of you?? Ponder that a while and you'll see where I'm going with it..................

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.