Metra 12v Ignition/Switched wire (almost done!) please help :)

Thanks for the help everyone! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
It still isn't working, but I have progressed lol. I attached one end of the 12v ignition wire to the 12v fuse (not the live connector) and it still isnt working. I have a loose black cable, guessing ground, that has no other wire to connect to so I attached it to a metal screw and put some electrical tape around it. Still not working. If anyone else has any suggestions please let me know!

Actually Ill post some pictures of what I'm talking about so you guys get a better idea.
Alright, i also agree that shops should charge for knowledge and product. We are not ebay or motherfu@king sonic electronics. we are here to help,installand support you in your purchase. It is worth the 100 sometimes to have it done correctly. that being said i will help you as much as possible. Thats what this fourm is for.

You have to have a GM vehicle 00 or newer to have the 70-2003 harness. the reb wire provides a lead from an acc or ign circuit in the car to the deck, this tells the deck to turn off and on with the key. The red wire come with a small fuse tap to the fuse block. I NEVER USE THESE! i have seen alotof local shops melt fuse boxes with them.

My first question to you is what is the year make and model of the car/truck? next do you have a digital multi meter? in most gm vehicles you will have to find the 12guage orange(acc1) or brown(acc2) wire coming from the ingition harness on the key cylinder. Use the multi meter to test for 12v with the key on and 0v with the key off. thisis your accessory wire will need to use. either t tap it, military splice it or solder itwiththe red wire provided. i would also highly recommend adding a 10a fuse in line just to be safe. run this wire to the deck caviy while taking care not to ground the wire on metal and tieing the wire off to keep it away from your feet. next you will want to re do your harness with crimp caps becasue the tape you used looks horrible and will most likely fall off. also, you will want to hook up the orange white to the dvd player also it will dim the screen at night when your lights are on so the unit doesnt look like the sun is in your dash. as fars the ground wire forthe deck. you should be fine usingthe black wire on the harness you bought for ground. using a screw to a good ground will work too but just use the wire provided in the metra harness.

i have done this at least 500 times and it works fine. ifyou have any questions please contact me and i will help as much as possible. Fenixaudio.com for contact info.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

zillamonsta

zillamonsta
little rock, ar
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
FenixAudio