Metalheadjoe

Roil not foil. So, what is the silly advice I have imparted, and what would you do differently? Honest question.
I quoted your silly advice and told you what was wrong about it. You're telling a guy his amp is bad or his subs are bad because his supply voltage is high. If he believes you he'll spend hundreds to buy new gear because you don't know what you're talking about. "Well his alternator is new and he did big 3 so must be the amp!"

I have called him out in the past for giving stupid advice and not knowing what he is talking about.....but he is still here giving **** advice, i have learned to just ignore the forum newbies that try to be forum heros

E
You're telling a guy his amp is bad or his subs are bad because his supply voltage is high. If he believes you he'll spend hundreds to buy new gear
Seems like you omly skimmed my responses. I advised that these items MAY be the issue. Also that he TEST said items before doing anything else. That is where you got upset for some odd reason, when I asked that he test his sub's impedance. As a person with limited funds, I troubleshoot my own setups this way, for replacement is a last resort.
On another note, have you not had an amp run through fuses when using different subs? I have. Bought some subs on a garage sale and my amp's fuse went twice, along with the amp heating more than usual. Checked impedance and found one bad voice coil. And as we both know (I think) is that popping fuses is an energy surge that surpasses the fuse rating.

I have called him out in the past for giving stupid advice and not knowing what he is talking about.....but he is still here giving **** advice, i have learned to just ignore the forum newbies that try to be forum heros
Why hello Smoothie. I see you are done giving hsndjobs to the homeless. I hope you washed your hand before using that library computer, you could spread something or another.

E

Seems like you omly skimmed my responses. I advised that these items MAY be the issue. Also that he TEST said items before doing anything else. That is where you got upset for some odd reason, when I asked that he test his sub's impedance. As a person with limited funds, I troubleshoot my own setups this way, for replacement is a last resort.
On another note, have you not had an amp run through fuses when using different subs? I have. Bought some subs on a garage sale and my amp's fuse went twice, along with the amp heating more than usual. Checked impedance and found one bad voice coil. And as we both know (I think) is that popping fuses is an energy surge that surpasses the fuse rating.
His amp isn't blowing fuses. That's my point: you're recommending stuff that is obviously not the problem.

His amp isn't blowing fuses. That's my point: you're recommending stuff that is obviously not the problem.
No, I told you a past experience. Never said his amp was blowing fuses. But from that experience I can deduce that my amp was causing a power spike/surge, which is what we are trying to solve. If you recall OP's previous posts, he had amp heating issues as well, which is what my amp had due to low subwoofer impedance. But now AnthonyO has found other threads with common spike issues in those model year trucks, so we may be barking up the wrong tree. And it is not "obviously not the issue", if it were, we would have found a solution by now.

but i dont give handjobs anymore
Wow....I....I was talking out my ass. Did not think I would hit the nail square.
Shouldnt you be in the farm fields picking weeds with the rest of your border jumping family
Nah, modern robotic farming equipment has put us all in dire straits. We are now mooching off this great country with it's blind citizens that scream at the top of their lungs, "Promise more Mr. Biden! We will vote for you if you open the coffers and pour them over the hoi polloi!".

No, I told you a past experience. Never said his amp was blowing fuses. But from that experience I can deduce that my amp was causing a power spike/surge, which is what we are trying to solve. If you recall OP's previous posts, he had amp heating issues as well, which is what my amp had due to low subwoofer impedance. But now AnthonyO has found other threads with common spike issues in those model year trucks, so we may be barking up the wrong tree. And it is not "obviously not the issue", if it were, we would have found a solution by now.
That's an irrelevant past experience. Troubleshooting current spikes is completely different from troubleshooting voltage spikes. And yes, it is obviously not the issue. There's largely been no solution because he's listening to people who are just guessing and hasn't even tested his alternator yet.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

1aespinoza

10+ year member
1aespinoza
Pharr, Texas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views