Memphis Power Reference Subs

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jbarbier
10+ year member

Hey, I thought I should write a review of the Memphis Power Reference subwoofers, because they really suprised me.

First off, the sub being reviewed is the 10 inch DVC version.

I first heard these subs from a friend who had two 10s sitting in a ported box, and they sounded nice and loud with decent SQ to boot. After he told me the price I was shocked. I never even heard of Memphis Car Audio until my friend bought his subs. He is a pretty avid Audio enthusiast, and he now has a full Mem system. (and it sounds GOOD) My local authorized Memphis dealer was selling the speakers for 65.00 a piece, so I thought, what the hell? I bought ONE to see how it would do in a sealed box for SQ. The sub to me seems A LOT like the Kicker Comp VRs. But has about an even mix of SQ and SPL, probably about 55/45 in favor of SQ. For a 65.00 sub it can hold its weight in the over-crowed myriad of budget subs.

The RMS of the sub is 200 watts, MAX is 400. I am powering it with a Punch 300S amp and even though im sending more than 100 watts OVER the RMS rating, it beats nicely. If (or when) it does blow, I plan on buying an edK! I would def. suggest this sub to anyone who wants a nice, clean, quality sub from a great innovator in car audio. I hold it in higher regards than Kicker Comps, VRs, Audiobahns, Sony, etc etc. because it was dirt cheap and sounds great and is really durable! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Jbarbier

10+ year member
Jbarbier
South Louisiana
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views