Memphis Mojo - Alpine Type X

raybuck
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
atl
I am looking to do a stealth style sealed enclosure in my 07 X-Terra and I am looking for a sub that would take the power of my Nine.1 and still sound decent. I am going from 2 RE SE 12's in a ported box tuned to 31hz to something more stealthy that will allow more room in my trunk for college and all the other **** i carry around. I know I am going to give up a **** ton of output, but I would like the new setup to be decently loud. The new enclosure will be about 2.25+ cubic feet fiber-glassed on the side of my trunk. I have about 12"+ mounting depth to work with, so I'm good on that aspect. I can get either of these for a decent price so I am looking for some decent input.

Thanks

P.S. This is my setup at the moment so you can get a feel for what I'll be changing from.

edampwk4.jpg

Suggestions welcome

A memphis mojo and an alpine type X? Kind of comparing apples to oranges there. Type X sounds great, not gonna get too loud with it.

The Mojo = meh sq, loud as hell though.

A memphis mojo and an alpine type X? Kind of comparing apples to oranges there. Type X sounds great, not gonna get too loud with it.
The Mojo = meh sq, loud as hell though.

I know that the Mojo is SPL oriented, but I was not sure if it had any sense of quality as well.

Thanks

why not just drop in a single 12" se?
I have 2 right now, and I am not looking to loose that much output.

2 12' SE's ported off of 1200 to 1 12" SE sealed off of 600 would be quite a drop in output.

I know that I am going to loose output, but I don't want to loose too much.

I like the PG suggestion, VERY clean in a small sealed box. Perhaps lacking a bit in pure output but hey 1.2 cubed is a small and should fit in the side nicely. It is deep but I think you should have enough room.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.