MECP Certified

ecko_0113
10+ year member

So I know a lot of people come to this site seeking advice and usually get it, but I was wondering who on this board actually knows what their talking about. I mean who's actually MECP Certified and does this for a living and who on here does this for a hobby?

Ive been doing it professionally for about 3 1/2yrs and I've got my advanced MECP Cert.

Cert doesn't mean you know your *** from a hole in the wall, as there are a bunch certified installers at big box stores and they typically don't know jack.

I did it "professionally" at a business for about 1.5-2 years. I still do it on a daily/weekly basis, but now i work for myself. I have an MECP basic. To be honest the MECP test doesnt teach you much, i learn much more from experience.

I agree I've met guys that were certified that couldnt even get the radio out of a mazda, but having Certs is something to be proud of and shows your dedication to the 12 volt industry and that you've taken the time and effort to go the extra step in getting them.

I got my Cert back in 98, by that time the industry had started to fall apart and I took a fulltime position elsewhere looking for stable employment.

Cert doesn't mean you know your *** from a hole in the wall, as there are a bunch certified installers at big box stores and they typically don't know jack.
Exactly what I was thinking...

I agree I've met guys that were certified that couldnt even get the radio out of a mazda, but having Certs is something to be proud of and shows your dedication to the 12 volt industry and that you've taken the time and effort to go the extra step in getting them.
lol

i bought the book for the basic cert and read about 100 pages and realized how useless the information in it was and put it down. yeah its a nice thing to have but i dont think it makes you a better installer by any means. you learn from expierence and research in this industry not from some stupid certificate that means nothing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ecko_0113

10+ year member
ecko_0113
Fort Worth, TX
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from