Central Region meca 2x event may 19th columbus ohio (4x weekend)

IA,IL,IN,KS,MI,MO,MN,NE,OH,OK,TX,WI
    Participant count
  • Participant list
Question. I have a Hyundai 2 door hatchback and it has a reardeck/beauty panel thing that covers the hatch area but only snaps in and is completely removable. The relevant rules are as follows (for the street division)

13. Rear deck must maintain factory appearance, have no holes and must have some type of upholstery/covering.14. Modifications to the vehicle’s cargo area are limited to Non-Permanent Modifications. Cutting of metal is prohibited.

15. Any brackets, panels, 3rd row seats, and/or non-structural supports in the cargo area (behind the back seat and lower than

the top of the back seat) that can be unbolted or unscrewed may be removed, provided they can be reinstalled using factory fasteners and do not violate any other rules in section D.
So my question is, am I allowed to remove that piece for competing?

It DOES sit lower than the back seats (by a few inches).

Question. I have a Hyundai 2 door hatchback and it has a reardeck/beauty panel thing that covers the hatch area but only snaps in and is completely removable. The relevant rules are as follows (for the street division)

I would say line 15 answers your question.

everything in my blazer is stock. everything in hatch is below back seat. what class would this put me in
It depends on your cone area and fusing before the amp.

Cone area is figured by the radius of your woofer/s squared times pi

Then you add amount of the fuse by your amp x 10

If you don't have a fuse within ~12in of your amp then it goes by the rms of your amp or one half of the peak or something like that.

If you don't have a fuse within ~12in of your amp then it goes by the rms of your amp or one half of the peak or something like that.
somebody been studying the rulebook //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

AAAAAAAAAHHHH SHIIII you gonna come down from toleder to compete wif da meca boy and girls?

AAAAAAAAAHHHH SHIIII you gonna come down from toleder to compete wif da meca boy and girls?

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure when I asked on the MECA forum someone told me I had to leave it in, plus rule 13 kind of confused me as well...was just making sure //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

EDIT: Nevermind I was thinking of a completely different post (Asked about dbdrag rules on termpro) I'm not even a member of the MECA forum lol

Moving to Columbus (Dublin) in May //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Also kind of depends on how small I can get my fusing....right now I'd be in Street 4, would be nice if I could get down to 3 or even 2....

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure when I asked on the MECA forum someone told me I had to leave it in, plus rule 13 kind of confused me as well...was just making sure //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
EDIT: Nevermind I was thinking of a completely different post (Asked about dbdrag rules on termpro) I'm not even a member of the MECA forum lol

Moving to Columbus (Dublin) in May //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Also kind of depends on how small I can get my fusing....right now I'd be in Street 4, would be nice if I could get down to 3 or even 2....
I used to run a 40 amp on a 1500.1 mb quart

[quote name='nateberrier']I used to run a 40 amp on a 1500.1 mb quart[/QUOTE]

You just get like a short burp before it blows? I'm running an SAZ-2500D and single 18". @kushy_dreams thought I may be able to get by with a 70A but I've got a 300A in there now, lulz.

ok i have 1 18 hdc3 18. i believe i should be able to burp off of a 40a anl... were would that put me

oh my box is below the top of back seat

---------- Post added at 07:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 AM ----------

well my amp is only set for 2200

As2/s2/m2 depending on box orientation.

Fyi the 2500should be able to be burped off 70a of fusing with no issue
Will I pop the fuse everytime though? The cheapest I can find 70A ANL fuses is like $5 each so that's an expensive burp, haha. Might just have to invest in a different fuse holder for comps...

Do they make any kind of MINI ANL adapter that would fit inside a standard ANL fuse holder?

Will I pop the fuse everytime though? The cheapest I can find 70A ANL fuses is like $5 each so that's an expensive burp, haha. Might just have to invest in a different fuse holder for comps...
Do they make any kind of MINI ANL adapter that would fit inside a standard ANL fuse holder?

ive never heard of a mini anl adapter

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.