Central Region Meca 1x event saturday april 2nd, columbus oh

IA,IL,IN,KS,MI,MO,MN,NE,OH,OK,TX,WI
    Participant count
  • Participant list
the tent almost blew away, it was pretty funny. all in all though it went great. people were undeterred by the rain. did some good spl and Park & pound testing

here's the tent fail lol

^^^^last time I remember anything from Z-ville was out @ Thunder Bay.....and of course a loooong time a go when "Squigleys" car wash was Stereo Limited.

So the sensor goes in the driver seat? All the shows I've been to were DBdrag so the sensor was mounted to the windshield on the passenger side. If you stay in your vehicle then obviously have you have to sit on the passenger side right?

Also concerning SPL in the Street division, it says:

13. Rear deck must maintain factory appearance, have no holes and must have some type of upholstery/covering.
But then it also says:

15. Any brackets, panels, 3rd row seats, and/or non-structural supports in the cargo area (behind the back seat and lower thanthe top of the back seat) that can be unbolted or unscrewed may be removed, provided they can be reinstalled using factory fasteners

and do not violate any other rules in section D.
I drive a hatchback and my OEM rear deck is completely removable. It literally just snaps in, it's basically a beauty panel. Would I be allowed to remove that for the competition?

So the sensor goes in the driver seat? All the shows I've been to were DBdrag so the sensor was mounted to the windshield on the passenger side. If you stay in your vehicle then obviously have you have to sit on the passenger side right?
Also concerning SPL in the Street division, it says:

But then it also says:

I drive a hatchback and my OEM rear deck is completely removable. It literally just snaps in, it's basically a beauty panel. Would I be allowed to remove that for the competition?
THanks for asking! The mic sits on a stand in the driver's side unless you elect to have it in the passenger's side. you can sit in the vehicle on the other side of the mic stand as long as the vehicle does not exceed 145db (if it does automatic DQ but you can always retry). if you lack a remote it is okay to lean in and hit the play button and come back out (u can have open doors and windows in meca).

As for the rear deck panel, it has to stay on, it is not considered part of the cargo area. The rule 15 you quoted refers more to suvs with 3rd row seats or other things like those false floor panels on explorers that are truly part of the cargo area because they are behind the backseat but not structural. The rear deck on a hatchback for the most part is structural and because it is supposed to maintain a factory appearance it has to have that beauty panel on. Now you can bolt that panel down and put deadener between it and the rear deck to strengthen it and keep it from flexing, but it must still be there

Alright, no biggie. I'm hoping to make it down there, I've been wanting to compete but DBdrag's battery rules would have put me in a high class where I don't think I'd even have a shot. I like MECA's class system a lot better...

Well Custom Vans/Vehicles had one about 4 yrs ago. And back before Auto Illusions shut down in Newark they had them too. I guess down this way their ain't as much interest. But maybe if the word got out more there would be more people interested. I think I am going to send the link to a the fly to a few friends and then maybe they will send it to their friends that have systems. I am for sure going to the Meca event in Columbus on the 2nd. Do they have anything ever in Cambridge?

Well Custom Vans/Vehicles had one about 4 yrs ago. And back before Auto Illusions shut down in Newark they had them too. I guess down this way their ain't as much interest. But maybe if the word got out more there would be more people interested. I think I am going to send the link to a the fly to a few friends and then maybe they will send it to their friends that have systems. I am for sure going to the Meca event in Columbus on the 2nd. Do they have anything ever in Cambridge?
i tried to get one going at a shop in Zanesville, but i was hung up on. I assumed they didn't want to do a show with me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

thegreatestpenn

5,000+ posts
lazy genius
thegreatestpenn
columbus
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date