mcintosh MCC301M able to handle 3 woofers?

Participant count
  • Participant list

agdetail
10+ year member

Hi my name is Agdetail, I was wondering if it would be possible to run 3 subwoofers on a Mcintosh MCC301M without any problems power or ohm load wise. The subs I am looking to run are 2 Elate SW 6" subs @ 4 ohms which take a 180w RMS each. And also 1 Ultimo SC 12 inch sub also ran @ 4ohms which will take about 600w RMS. If that is not possible would I be able to run a Elatee 10 inch sub @ 200w RMS instead of the Ultimo 12? I hope someone can answer my questions as my english is not up to par. Thank you my fellow car audio people!

thanks germ305 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

current car is viper and system is stock.

i have a elate 3 way limited edition, mcintosh mx406, mcintosh MCC404M, mcintosh MCC301M, 100sqf fatmat in transit

have yet to decide on cables and fuse. plan to go with tsunami

what i hope to achieve is good sound stage, tight and not overwhelming bass, warm sound.

read that adding coxal in the rear and moving the sub so it faces the rear will improve the sound stage. is that true?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi my name is Agdetail,I was wondering if it would be possible to run 3 subwoofers on a Mcintosh MCC301M without any problems power or ohm load wise. The subs I am looking to run are 2 Elate SW 6" subs @ 4 ohms which take a 180w RMS each. And also 1 Ultimo SC 12 inch sub also ran @ 4ohms which will take about 600w RMS. If that is not possible would I be able to run a Elatee 10 inch sub @ 200w RMS instead of the Ultimo 12? I hope someone can answer my questions as my english is not up to par. Thank you my fellow car audio people! and ESPECIALLY "Germ305" for taking the time to translate my questions so I can get proper answers
FIXT //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

put the the 12 in .8 sealed feed it 800watts and have fun. u shouldnt need anymore subs, if u need more bass u either arent into sq that much or you are going tospendmore money on another 12 and another 800w. this sub is nothing like the real ultimo but it should perform best in the enclosure above. to bad the amp isnt big enough to do the morel justice.

and no it is not possible to put different sized sub on the same channel of an amp without damaging them.

i have a 12" morel ultimo and have heard the sc and they both perform similarly and use the same enclosure for best response. ported isnt recommended even though it is possible

put the the 12 in .8 sealed feed it 800watts and have fun. u shouldnt need anymore subs, if u need more bass u either arent into sq that much or you are going tospendmore money on another 12 and another 800w. this sub is nothing like the real ultimo but it should perform best in the enclosure above. to bad the amp isnt big enough to do the morel justice.
and no it is not possible to put different sized sub on the same channel of an amp without damaging them.

i have a 12" morel ultimo and have heard the sc and they both perform similarly and use the same enclosure for best response. ported isnt recommended even though it is possible
Yep and sell me the Mac

FIXT //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
still a newb and thanks for the translation //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

have a viper and between the seats i have a mid and a sub. i want to replace them with morel sub and since the passenger footwell is very long, i want to add a sub in there as well.

still a newb and thanks for the translation //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
have a viper and between the seats i have a mid and a sub. i want to replace them with morel sub and since the passenger footwell is very long, i want to add a sub in there as well.
sounds like u just want more bass what size is the sub u have now and u can lose the mid in the center and never miss it trust me

Lol, No problem man.

2008+Dodge+Viper+SRT+10+Roadster+Interior.jpg

would it be better to have Coaxial kit in the middle and a sub in the footwell?

could prolly fit an ultimo 8 in there or for cheaper while still sounding great and keeping that amp a pair of id8s could fit there. putting a mid, coaxial, tweeter would mess with the sound stages balance and would have to be turned down greatly which would be a waste so why not remove it and build a pod for 1or 2 dedicated subs? you could prolly fit a 10 in there but id recommend 2 8s for ease of install

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.