May have gotten screwed...

Putting a hot wire into and amp will do absolutely nadda! The reason why it sparks and it does with any amp having a large internal bank of caps, this is just there draw while charging. I have never once unplugged my elec system while installing an amp and have good sh!t... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Polo..
That is how amps blow up. When you are screwing in the wires the metal form the screw driver could touch the amp and you will see a spark there haha....also the amp will no longer work. Always DISCONNECT POWER WIRES WHEN WORKING WITH CAR AUDIO AMPS!!!!

That is how amps blow up. When you are screwing in the wires the metal form the screw driver could touch the amp and you will see a spark there haha....also the amp will no longer work. Always DISCONNECT POWER WIRES WHEN WORKING WITH CAR AUDIO AMPS!!!!

That is just what they want you to believe! BTW which way does electricity flow, pos to neg or neg to pos?I can here the screws rattling now lOl. I never said working with power live is sensible BUT connecting a hot wire directly to its terminals will do absolutely nothing. Polo..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif:wow://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif:wow:

That is just what they want you to believe! BTW which way does electricity flow, pos to neg or neg to pos?I can here the screws rattling now lOl. I never said working with power live is sensible BUT connecting a hot wire directly to its terminals will do absolutely nothing. Polo..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
are you trying to be funny or are you really this ****in stupid? so what if electrons flow negative to positive, that doesnt make it a good ****ing idea to play around with hot wires. they (who?) just want you to believe that touching a hot 12v lead to the case of an amp isn't good for it? it's not. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

the rule of thumb is to kill the power when hooking things up... its safe for your equiptment, for you, your charging system, your battery, and the rest of your vehicle for that matter... this isnt a conspiracy on making people do something they dont have to do... its called being professional, and careful with your shizit... there is no ""they"" ... you must be one of those meatheads that never read the instruction manual before you install something... and i would put money on it that you have screwed up plenty of times... They call it being a butcher...

i think you left out the ck at the end of your sig polock

This may be the incorrect way of installing, but I have installed around eight amps, not to mention installing and uninstalling my amp around ten times with no problems. I have also seen the local shop install amps this way. I guess I will remove the fuse next time.

Have you checked the gains and make sure that the rca's are good and check signal at inputs.
the gains were turned up to an acceptable level, the rca's worked fine with the last amp that was installed, but it is possible they were damaged or not getting signal. when i go to reinstall it i'll check those things, luckily i have a DMM. if none of these things work, and i hook up another amp in the same exact setup and it works fine, i'll contact the trader and ask for a refund.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.