May be a couple stupid question's but hear me out

Participant count
  • Participant list

Terranova
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
CA
I've always wondered why it is when you put your windows down the sub sounds so much better and is so much louder than if you had the windows up. You would think it would be louder with them up because all the pressure has no where to go. Yet another question I've always wondered about is how does adding more wattage to your sub make it louder? Does it allow for more cone movement? My Fi BTL off 1600 watts gets pretty low and moves a **** ton of air compared to the original Fi BL(2009) I had. So if I were to get a 2k amp @ 2ohm compared to my clarion dpx11551 how would it be louder? It seems my clarion gets a lot of cone movement out of this thing. Sorry for stupid questions but I've been curious.

I've always wondered why it is when you put your windows down the sub sounds so much better and is so much louder than if you had the windows up. You would think it would be louder with them up because all the pressure has no where to go. Yet another question I've always wondered about is how does adding more wattage to your sub make it louder? Does it allow for more cone movement? My Fi BTL off 1600 watts gets pretty low and moves a **** ton of air compared to the original Fi BL(2009) I had. So if I were to get a 2k amp @ 2ohm compared to my clarion dpx11551 how would it be louder? It seems my clarion gets a lot of cone movement out of this thing. Sorry for stupid questions but I've been curious.
Anybody?

It gets louder because your vehicle is technically part of the enclosure. Opening a window or a door creates a bandpass enclousure of sorts. I could go on and on about the more technical points of it but that's the basic principal behind why it gets louder with the windows down.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.