MAW Dilemma

berserker
10+ year member

cogito ergo sum
I would appreciate some general info along with any personal experience and any pros or cons if applicable. I am planning on adding some tunes to my work vehicle, as the drives are getting boring without any bass.

I am considering either running a single MAW-12 ported (2 ft3 tuned to 32 hz) or a single MAW-15 sealed (around 2.3 ft3) either one being powered off of 400 watts. I am not expecting crazy output, as I know that isn’t most likely plausible, I am just looking for a well-rounded daily thump. Space is limited so I would have to stay to those box specs.

Thanks

Jay

it was included in the G12C and did a fine job.

mach5's offical online forum

and there are several reviews there as well. and you'll get to talk to the man behind mach5.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/peace.gif.2db28b618ed8d1964ebbe2f5021d2c39.gif

I know I'm out of line here, but just stepping back from the 'sales' pitch, I would suggest going with a 15" over a 12" - period. More cone area and more clean transients if you load it in a sealed verses a 12" ported.

Whether its Mach 5 or something else, my suggestion would be the same.

Best,

Mark

I would appreciate some general info along with any personal experience and any pros or cons if applicable. I am planning on adding some tunes to my work vehicle, as the drives are getting boring without any bass.
I am considering either running a single MAW-12 ported (2 ft3 tuned to 32 hz) or a single MAW-15 sealed (around 2.3 ft3) either one being powered off of 400 watts. I am not expecting crazy output, as I know that isn’t most likely plausible, I am just looking for a well-rounded daily thump. Space is limited so I would have to stay to those box specs.

Thanks

Jay
Sounds like a great plan for pretty cheap. MAWs are said to be one of the best for the money. I ordered my brother two of the 12's about a month ago for his car. He hasen't installed them yet, but says they look pretty solid. Do you have an specific questions or anything about this setup?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.