Make Recommendations

Participant count
  • Participant list

Infraja
10+ year member

Ambitionz Az a Ridah
Alpine IVA-D106 (Touch Screen Head Unit) (Already Purchased)

JL Audio 450/4 X1

JL Audio W7 X1

JL Audio 1000/1V2 X1

JL Audio XB-PC 52-2

JL Audio XA-PC 58-1

Nissan Altima Coupe 07

So this is the list of what I am getting upon my return to Germany and I would like to know if I am going to need a new battery or alternator. I am sure that question has been answered before but I lack the time to search the forum.

Plus, the 450 is going to power my mids which is going to be in the interior of the car so I am replacing the stock. But which ones would you guys recommend for this setup? I want SQ for the mids so I can hear the lyrics like a live concert. Also, Would you recommend tweaters for this setup? And if so what kind?

Last question ported or seal enclosure for the subs? I am aiming for bass but I don't just want it to sound like crap.

Money is not a problem so throw whatever at me.

Ok anyone help would be much appreciated.

Is that JL power wiring that you have listed there? Please save yourself the money on the wire and get something cheaper. I use Stinger hardware and Knukonceptz wire, for example.

Are you looking for front and rear speakers or just fronts? If just fronts (again what I'd do) go with just the 300/1 and get a good set of cmoponent speakers. You have a lot to choose from in Europe that are hard to get back in the States. Look at DLS, Focal, Hertz, Dynaudio Rainbow and the like. If you are not afraid to try an active setup and run an outboard processor, stay with the 450/4 and run the tweets off the small channel pair and the midbasses off the larger channel pair. This opens the door to doing custom active setups and choosing the best mid and tweet for your budget even if they aren't made by the same company.

I won't try to talk you out of the JL amps if that's what you want. They're nice amps just a little spendy.

Only if you wanted fronts only. That's my preference but whatever works for you.

Look at the companies I listed above for some great front stage speakers and most of them make coax speakers that you can use for the rear. For the fronts get compnents. They are a separate midrange and tweeter with a dedicated crossover to divide the freqs between the two for use with a single amp channel per side. Basically you would need a two channel amp or half of a four channel amp to run the mids and tweets up front.

I'm guessing that you're in the Cav? What's your MOS? I'm one of the only USAF guys here at FOB Fenty, AFG. Headed home in about a week (finally). Keep your head down Lt.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.