Major help and opions needed, FAST. Settin up new system

Snapnakk
10+ year member

MN
Hi, i am buildin a new system in my 98 grand cherokee. I want to do it right this time so i do have to keep upgrade 20 times. I am goin to build it lil by lil and it will always be growin but i have to start somewhere, so here we go.

First or all for the deck;

Alpine CDA7875 or PIONNER PREMIER DEH-P740MP

i need 6 3/4 speakers for it which i found arent the easiest to find but these are the ones i am pickin from so far.

Infinity Kappa 652.3i with crossover

Rockford Fosgate FNX2614 components with crossover

but i was wondering if i could put 6 1/2's in instead

and for the subs

i was think either 3 10's or 2 12's

MTX T610X3 6000's 150-750w rms (all 3)

(2) 12in AUDIOBAHN AW1200X 700w rms each

I like to listen to rap with a lot of bass, but i also want to have decent sound and i will be usin jbl bd1200.1 on the triple and one on each of the audiobahnsor thats kinda what im thinkin to give you an idea.

PLease help i want to know what you all think and what you would do.

thanks loads

later

o ya and also would it be better to amp both of my front speakers or i was thinkin of ampin one and runnin the other off the head unit to save a lil money. WOuld it make a big difference.

thanks again and please post dont just read //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

you've made great decisions all around. both head units you chose are great, but i personally prefer pioneer head units because of the functions they have.

for the speakers, i'd go with the infinity's. if you got the money, move on up to infinity perfect series. the fosgates are pretty good too, they exceeded my expectations, but i think infinity would still be a better choice.

from the look of things, ur going for spl, so i'd say the audiobahns would be a good choice. however, the mtx are no slouches either. if i was to pick, i'd take the mtx's cuz the audiobahns are sloppier than the mtx's in my opinion.

for a speaker amp, if money is a concern, than i say get a jensen 50x4. i personally see no point of buying an amp that puts out good sound quality if ur gonna run the crossovers that come with the speakers. reliability might be an issue, but as long as you take care of ur amp and not push it past its specs, the jensen will last u as long as any other amp that u treat the same way in my opinion. if u have money to spend, go with an alpine amp, or eclipse, or phoenix gold. ppi's are good too. if u want to run 2 channels off the hu, then run ur backs off of it and amp up ur fronts. you should definetly be turning heads with ur setup. let us know if ur open to suggestions, just beware that ur gonna get like 50 different brands and ur gonna have to make a decision.

yes i am goin for spl and i am very open to suggestions. Thats how i have been learning. I have learned alot but have a long long way to go. I will probly use a rockford amp on my fronts and i wanted to use components but dont really have anywhere to put them and Q-forms or anything like that i found to be way to expensive. I have to work hard for my money just like any other teenager but im doin the best i can. I love music and working on cars/trucks so here i am buildin my system.

thanks so much for the help

later

Mr.Hawk23 laid down the the same opinion about the set up as I have. As for 6 3/4 being converted to a 6 1/2 opening, it's no problem. You can either use a piece of wood or sturdy plastic and cut it to fit the speaker and fit the existing opening. Drill holes on the new bracket to match the stock location holes and drill holes that match up to the speakers. There are conversion brackets available, but there's more fun in doing it yourself.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.