magnum d2

If you want balanced music at high levels, yes, sealed will be more than adequate.
If you desire bass with music in the background, go ported.
and u have tried a magnum d2 both saealed and ported?

like i said if u have tried a mag d2 ported and sealed reply to this.

If you want balanced music at high levels, yes, sealed will be more than adequate.
If you desire bass with music in the background, go ported.
Because sub-level control has yet to be invented, right?

I've heard the magnums both sealed and ported, and to be honest, ported is where this sub really shines, IMO. I'd say if at all possible, port it. You can always turn it down to have "balanced music at high levels."

Sorry to disagree with you Kev, but my experience with the D2 was that it was more accurate when sealed compared to ported. But don't get me wrong, the D2 ported has mucho output.

I've had my D2 in a couple of boxes, both SQ oriented, sealed and ported. Sealed in 1cu ft yielding a Qtc of 0.707, and a 2.2cuft Ported tuned to 25hz.

I prefer sealed. Not nearly the output, but slightly tighter. Just a touch.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/idea.gif.5acb6a39a9b92425414c316dda202bad.gif
So it would sound like tuna-fish..?
No, you would just be knocking off a bit of low end in exchange for a big peak at 35 Hz. The box would be bigger than is necessary and tuned for a peak in the response.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bass maniak

10+ year member
Team Poundin Sound
bass maniak
Faust, Alberta ( CANADA )
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date