MA Audio y3k 4x6 AND 6x9

Participant count
  • Participant list

mattj
5,000+ posts

Resonant Engineering
Wisconsin
Review is on MA Audios Y3k Series, both 4x6 and 6x9 so I get a better idea of the product lineup.

4x6 went in the stock kick panels of my 94 beretta and the 6x9s went into the stock locations in the rear deck.

4” x 6” 2-Way Full Range Speaker

Specifications:

50W Rms

100W Max

Sensitivity: 92.5 dB @ 1w/1m

Frequency Response: 70 Hz-22k Hz

Mounting Depth: 2.25”

1794.jpg

• 6” x 9” 2-Way Full Range Speaker
  • Specifications:
  • 150W Rms
  • 300W Max
  • Sensitivity: 94.7 dB @ 1w/1m
  • Frequency Response: 35 Hz-22k Hz
  • Mounting Depth: 3.5”
1800.jpg

And here are some overall specs that the MA Audio Y3K line offers.

Speakers - Y3K Series

19mm PEI Titanium Tweeter

Butyl Rubber Surround

4 Ohm Single Voice Coil

Silver Glass Fiber Woven Cone

Strontium Magnet

Brushed Aluminum Basket

360 Degree Swivel Mount Titanium Tweeter

Speakers offer great flexibility on installation in all types of vehicles as you can faintly make out in the picture. They are a tad bit bulky because of the motor cover they use but what the hell. who really shows off the motor of their coaxials? Surely not me.

Response - Low end response on these subs are flat out horrible. Ive run these off 3 different head units and the bass simply isnt there. I know most of you people dont like bass through your speakers, but there are some who do who may not have an elaborate sound system and need that little tad bit of kick from their speakers.. These speakers offer a pivit-able (is that even a word?) tweeter so you may focus your highs which is a pretty nice feature to focus your sound directly how you want it, within limitations. Gotta be carefull though because at full tilt the cone of the speaker may like to hit it at those certain notes. After you get well into the 500+hz range (both 4x6 and 6x9) they start giving the kick that most people are looking for with the high bass that drums produce or some songs contain. Like I said the tweeters have a pivit you that you may focus them to certain areas whithin the boundrys of the speaker. Tweeters arent bright enough in my own opionion. I really like my highs to stand out and sound almost magical and its a hard task to accomplish with mediocre speakers and they are almost there with that, but not quite.

Build quality - They seem to be pretty tuff physicaly but they are prone to a beating and they dont like high volume even at low wattage and HP and LP filter on them

Overall - They arent too bad if you can pick them up for a cheap price. I really wouldnt recommend them to anyone so im going to go and give them a 6/10 overall.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

mattj

5,000+ posts
Resonant Engineering
mattj
Wisconsin
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies