Loudest/Bass Audio setup for under $1000.

Alright, I've taken a lot from this thread and have been doing some of my own search. What I've came up with so far is a Sundown ZV3 single 15'' sub in a custom box, a PPI Black Ice 2600 or 5000.1D Mono Amp, HO Alternator, Big 3, head unit (haven't decided which one). Of course the wiring is going in there also but I wanted to get all that out of the way and make sure that configuration will work then I'll piece it all together. What do you all think? I know some of you recommended sundown for the sub and some recommended PPI for the amp so I kinda pieced it together and did my own research for the correct pairing and ohm rating. I'm not too worried about the box fitting in and I can take out the rear seat and get it in the trunk that way, also the 2004 corolla has an 8 body trunk, it's really big actually. Thanks again!

Alright, I've taken a lot from this thread and have been doing some of my own search. What I've came up with so far is a Sundown ZV3 single 15'' sub in a custom box, a PPI Black Ice 2600 or 5000.1D Mono Amp, HO Alternator, Big 3, head unit (haven't decided which one). Of course the wiring is going in there also but I wanted to get all that out of the way and make sure that configuration will work then I'll piece it all together. What do you all think? I know some of you recommended sundown for the sub and some recommended PPI for the amp so I kinda pieced it together and did my own research for the correct pairing and ohm rating. I'm not too worried about the box fitting in and I can take out the rear seat and get it in the trunk that way, also the 2004 corolla has an 8 body trunk, it's really big actually. Thanks again!
wow thats a serious sub man i'll let someone tell if f thats the way to go but i may as well be the 1st to tell u the black ice amps aren't worthy of that sub., i know it's weird but we don't just say all of every companies stuff is good we pick the ones that are known to work well.. guy here has 2 e15's traded old smaller amp for a ba 2600 it's 1300rms and his subs are very loud but well it didn't cost him anything.. u need to see if u can fit a good box for that sub in car 1st.. and u ill need d2 sub wired to 1 ohm on almost any amp u get., also keep in mind if u go over about 1200rms u must get your big 3 wires done under hood with 0ga that'll be another $100 or so.. don't get amp so big your alt can't run it or u wasting $ and would need ho alt which ain't cheap.. sometimes better to go with sub little easier to move and say 1500rms instead of 2500., others have been getting skar 1500 amp lately seem pretty good.. keep shopping look at ssa audio incriminator has nice subs sa well as the ssa subs getting mentioned alot..

distortion/clipping blows speakers not power., pretty much everyone here has said so., thats y they "over" power speakers and subs..
underpowering doesnt cause distortion/clipping, improper gain settings do. Main reason to run a bigger amp is not really to overpower its just to give proper head room for clean output and signal plus a general overall satisfaction of output so that people dont overdrive their amps because they arent happy with how loud it gets.

Apparently you have to word it properly like that or hispls will get on your @ss.

horrible garbage amp choice. thats 600 actual watts at best with an overpriced sub that needs a lot of power. you wont get anything piecing together setups like that.

For "loud" its gonna be hard to beat the cab1600 and hds315 combo, as far as keeping it simple. The ab xfl 15 could be thrown in that mix too.

underpowering doesnt cause distortion/clipping, improper gain settings do. Main reason to run a bigger amp is not really to overpower its just to give proper head room for clean output and signal plus a general overall satisfaction of output so that people dont overdrive their amps because they arent happy with how loud it gets.
Apparently you have to word it properly like that or hispls will get on your @ss.

horrible garbage amp choice. thats 600 actual watts at best with an overpriced sub that needs a lot of power. you wont get anything piecing together setups like that.
if u read what i said b4 that which is what i was "corrected for" i said exact same thing that u did again., low power amps peeps set gains to high and use bass boost to make up for the diff causing distortion and clipping.. i'm gonna be wrong guys all i ask is for u to wait til i am before u get on me 2 day in a row..

I was hoping someone would speak up!

No problem, tell me what your amp choice would be then, how about the CAB 1600 as others have recommended? Nothing is set in stone. I don't have a problem changing it up one bit. But I would like to throw some names around as I'd like to get the ball rolling. Thanks for the honesty.

No problem, tell me what your amp choice would be then, how about the CAB 1600 as others have recommended? Nothing is set in stone. I don't have a problem changing it up one bit. But I would like to throw some names around as I'd like to get the ball rolling. Thanks for the honesty.
if u wanta spend a bunch of 4 we can show u where like twisted sounds 1.8k amp very nice $399 on ssa but like they said cab is $199, look at ssa audio they have nice stuff but like i said don't get more amp than car can handle and buy 0ga for big 3 on these big amps but that sundown is a nice sub, others on ssa too.. and if u have room in car for real look at 2 ab xfl like jeff said then it's be worth getting a 2 k amp for everyone seems to love the xfl's in right box

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.