Louder than my Mofo's?

Platestacker45
10+ year member

It's time to sell my 2 Power Acoustik Mofo's 12's. I got them hooked to a Hifonics BX2005D and they are very loud, but only on a few select songs and other songs don't hit at all, sound nasty and I can't stand that. I've narrowed my choices down to the FI SSD12 and the Kicker CVX12. They seem to be the best bang for the buck in their catagory (12"

Both choices will have better sq, but the cvx should be louder than the ssd. I don't have any experience with ssd's, but still sure the cvx will have more spl.

mark the cvx out... they wont sound any better than tha pa's.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif I have to disagree with you on that statement. The cvx's with sound much better than that pa crap.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif I have to disagree with you on that statement. The cvx's with sound much better than that pa crap.
to me they sound very noisy and sloppy... but i guess its just all in preference.

go with whatever sounds best to you.

Both choices will have better sq, but the cvx should be louder than the ssd. I don't have any experience with ssd's, but still sure the cvx will have more spl.
If you dont have any experience with them, how can you be sure what will be louder? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif :eyebrow:

Are you sayin 2 12's cause of height limits or why???

I have a 15" Massive DMX in a 4 cube box and sounds great at all notes.........Was bangin a Alan Jackson CS from Bassman today and thought me car was comin apart.

Get a Napalm and be done with it.

Someone compared a 12" Napalm to a 12" SSD both off the same power, same box, same everything. The Napalm was 6db louder. They are VERY efficient and sound very nice, they are quick when they need to be and they are definetly low end monsters.

and for the non-believers...(because there will be a few)

Ssd-133.7Napalm-140.0
yes i posted earlier what i played... "lil jon - push that ni$$a" volume @ 33 normalized power approx. 600 watts pass door closed window up and driver's side open window down pass seat flipped forward same meter same place same everything man...
those numbers are true... they were done on my tl //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.