Loud popping noise while driving.

JDMB20TDA
10+ year member

chicago
Installed my stereo, 4 ch. amp to 2 ways in the front and 2 ways in the rear.

Nothing special, but all of a sudden after doing some aggressive driving on some twisty canyon roads, I get this strange problem.

haven't messed with any wiring, Just cruising around the next day; today and thats when it started.

I get a loud popping noise out of the speakers and the music stops in all channels for a split second, then continues like normal.

I checked all the wiring at the amp and its bolted to a set of 2x4's which are clamped down under the spare, everything looked good.

what could cause this to just start out of the blue after working great.

I did a quick walkaround and shook a few wires I was able to get to, didnt seem to do anything.

Is it a crossed wire that causes this?

and I did some searching but seems like most instances of this problem are when powering on/off.

not when everything is running like normal and happens out of nowhere...

thanks when I get a little more daylight; tomorrow I will look it over a little better.

extended all the wires going to the amp to give them a little more slack, re routed the wires to the rear channel and everything in the fronts looked fine.

Still poping and cutting out as I drive... happens every 2 minutes avg, so its not as frequent but still not cured...

When slamming the doors it happens, so I tore the speaker out only to find the contact on the speaker its self maybe touching the metal on the door.

what do you guys do to fix this? crutchfield said they'd fit, well they do just not real well.

Should I just cut a small portion of the metal out? try to insulate the contacts?

this is the answer stop bumping the fucking thread asshole
u Fa g. BUMP

Thanks guys, I tried to insulate the contacts but they eventually wore back through.

I may just have to notch a section of the door.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.