Loud humm with engine off...

Participant count
  • Participant list
The set up is the Pio 880PRS and the rears are amped. I only used a Profile 100W for those as I will rarely run them. I get the loud humm with Acc. and with engine running. The humm is the same both ways.

No. Well to be honest the Tahoe is in the garage as install is still in progress, and I didn't run the RPM's up to see. Also with the loud exhaust I don't know that I could hear it. The humm is only audable with the volume down....when it's up you can only hear the music.

Hook something up to the amps besides your p880... if you've still got a hum i'm thinking its grounding related.

If it goes away check grounds on your HU.

I'm stumped so far. The amp grounds seem good and I tried a direct ground to the HU, and no change. I can't believe the rca's are all bad as the sound comes from all three amps. I have a Zed Duece and the Profile off a distribution block with both amps grounded in different locations. Then I have the Zed Mono amp with it's own 4 guage and grounded with the Profile,(same location). I'm starting to wonder about my harness connection...maybe some funky GM Onstar thing? I am not using any of that now though. What?

It was the POS Pioneer 880. I put in a cheap deck from my 5th wheel...and quiet as could be. Don't know what I'll do now. Thought I'd try the Pio after years of Alpines, and this leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I went through alot of sh$# to track this noise down....and it was the HU all along.......

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.