Loud feature on 880 active

gijoe
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I recently added a 4 channel amp and I'm running my Boston s60's active. I'm getting to the point where I'm happy with the way it's tuned but I'm curious about Pioneers Loud feature. I set my gains and crossovers with it on, now if I turn it off I lose a lot of volume and my bass goes into the toilet. I guess my question is, what does the feature actually do? And will I benifit from tuning my system and setting my gains with it off? I was under the impression that it's intent is to mellow out certain frequencies at certain volumes, so will I get a more consistent sound by tuning my hu with this feature on or off?

Loud *****, it only there for when you're listening to songs at long volume and there is NO bass response.

It artificially boost frequencies.

Turn loud off, reset gains.

nG

Cool, thanks. The internal amp was the first thing to go when I got my amp. I just want to make sure that I can get a well balanced sound, I previously set everything with LOUD on, so now when I turn it off I lose a lot. I'll turn it off and redo my gains and tuning and see how it goes.

Cool, thanks. The internal amp was the first thing to go when I got my amp. I just want to make sure that I can get a well balanced sound, I previously set everything with LOUD on, so now when I turn it off I lose a lot. I'll turn it off and redo my gains and tuning and see how it goes.
If you still feel it's lacking, toy around with your EQ to slightly boost specific frequencies...

nG

Soooooo.... isn't this essentially what "Loud" does??? lol
The LOUD feature is a generic curve, a generic EQ that boost A LOT of frequencies... too much. It is essentiall a preset EQ curve, that is JUNK.

Actually listening to your system, and boosting or cutting the SPECIFIC frequencies that need to be... is a much better way of actually tuning your system.

nG

The LOUD feature is a generic curve, a generic EQ that boost A LOT of frequencies... too much. It is essentiall a preset EQ curve, that is JUNK.

Actually listening to your system, and boosting or cutting the SPECIFIC frequencies that need to be... is a much better way of actually tuning your system.

nG
Mmmhmmm.... unless you actually LIKE that preset EQ curve? Or is it wrong then, too?

Mmmhmmm.... unless you actually LIKE that preset EQ curve? Or is it wrong then, too?
Then you have horrible taste in audio/quality.

There is NO preset curve to put on a HU, that works for every car. That's why there is a customizeable EQ.

nG

Then you have horrible taste in audio/quality.
Wow... that's an incredibly narrow-minded viewpoint. Thanks for that.

Considering you don't know jack about how I have my system set up, then I'd say you have a horrible viewpoint as well. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Enjoy!

Loudness usually boost low and high freqs. It is used for listening to lower volumes. a lot of decks with loudness when turned up the loudness shuts off. I used it with my Nak decks. Its easy to see if it shuts off at loud volumes, turn up the volume and then turn on and off the loudness.

This is from the pioneer website.

Loundness: At low volume levels, low and high frequency sounds in music can be overpowered by ambient noise levels in the vehicle. loudness control provides an easy way to boost these frequencies and provide better overall sound at low volume levels. Many pioneer models feature 3-mode loudness, allowing you a more precise control of the boost levels.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.