Look what I got bishes

I'm not familiar with either AQ nor SAZ amps, but don't both do rated power? If so how are two 2000+ watt amps not as loud as one 3000 watt amp? This is a serious question as I have never really owned any top grade high output amps
I'm wondering the same thing.

could be psycho acoustic. Could be that the OP is running the SAZ at 16v where it gives out the most power. Or perhaps his electrical wasn't enough to support the 4000+watts for the AQ
I'm using a stock alternator so my electrical could be a possibility that it wasn't able to support those amps, but IIRC I never dropped below 13~ at full tilt.

Right now i'm around mid 12's at full tilt with this setup but I won't be playing as loud until I get my H.O. alternator which should be a few weeks.

Yeah his electrical wasnt up to par. Obvoiously the aqs would have gave the best bang. With the 3000d on 2 hdc3 subs he is extremely under powering them! He should have used the money on electrical upgrades and kept the aq2200 amps. Would have been a hell of alot louder!

Nice amp, can I borrow it for my comps???

I believe he'll be getting a 2nd SD in the near future.

I also question how 2 2200D's didn't have voltage drops, but the single 3000D does.

img00112az6.jpg

I like those shoes.

Nikes? I was thinking of getting a pair like that.

You like 'em?

Yeah his electrical wasnt up to par. Obvoiously the aqs would have gave the best bang. With the 3000d on 2 hdc3 subs he is extremely under powering them! He should have used the money on electrical upgrades and kept the aq2200 amps. Would have been a hell of alot louder!
x100000000 on that

i would of got a killer alt and some d3100's

cant believe people still think that because you have more watts its all of a sudden going to be much louder...

it has a lot to do with power, but you don't want to much power or the subs arnt going to be as stable and put out a nice clean crisp sound... same with under doing it...

his 3000d is probably nice on them subs.

you do need an ho tho.

how so?

If he is using all his available power from his electrical system, it doesn't matter if he was usind 2 3000ds, the output of the amp can only be wat the electrical system can supply.

I would also assume because the OP was using 2 AQ amps and his voltage drop was less on the AQsm that he was running them under a lighter load than the single SAZ3000d is seeing. therefore he was not utilizing the AQ amps to their fullest, and I am assuming he is using the SAZ300d at aleast 1ohm if not lower (don't let Jacob know if it is lower)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

jbizzle

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
jbizzle
Chicago, IL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date