Listening to iPod in bedroom

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kevzaz
10+ year member

So, I've been looking for a way to listen to my iPod Nano (4g) in my bedroom. I want good sound, but keeping it charging too. I also hope plug the speakers into my laptop.

I came up with a few solutions, one of which, just buying a dock with speakers included in a small set-up. But I don't know how great it would sound.

Another solution is to get the universal dock from apple which allows me to charge my ipod, use a remote, and have an AUX output.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB125G/B?fnode=MTY1NDA0OQ&mco=MTI0OTg5NA

But now, I need speakers.

So, I was wondering, can I possibly connect these speakers to the AUX port? Or do I need an amp to power it?

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-SS-B3000-Bookshelf-Speakers-Woofer/dp/B000OG6I6A/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=audio-video&qid=1234880063&sr=1-7

I just realized I will need a receiver for that speaker. I don't really have the money to dish out. I am limited around 150 or less.

Or should I just make it easier on myself and get computer speakers since I'm hope to use my laptop with it..

I was looking at the Bose Companion 2 Series.

What do you guys think?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.