SOLD Like New Soundstream Davinci

dave_damage
10+ year member

Soundstream Nut Swinger
I have 10 Soundstream Davinci amps. Yes you read right 10. Sad thing is I do not have a camera at the moment. These do not come with the Blt's I am letting them go for a flat rare of $750.00 each. Light marks on the gold from polishing that is all. They all come with a 90 day warrenty. Also if there is any amp from Soundstream you are looking for that was made after 1995 please let me know and i will give you a price. I have access to a ton of Soundstream amps new and old. Let me know what you are looking for. I know without pics this may seem worthless bit I will offer the first person $50.00 off a Davinci. Take pics and post in this thread to show I am legit. Thanks for looking.

Dave

$40 these are used. with no mounting brackets. These are original and not from the 2002 2003 re issue. although the reissues were made at the same company (ScanSpeak)

These are no POS's by any means. Just because they were made overseas dose not make them garbage. Soundstream was in the process of making there amps overseas towards the end anyways. Ask Jamie.
And once they moved over seas there was quality control and other issues, you can even ask Jamie about that.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the Rubi 1 amps you are looking for were made in China. As i said, at the end of "The Real Soundstream" they started making 102 202 302 501's (and 502's I believe) Angina's and LIL wonders over seas and never let the customer know. I am also a fan of soundstream. And as you do, I know about about the past.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the Rubi 1 amps you are looking for were made in China. As i said, at the end of "The Real Soundstream" they started making 102 202 302 501's (and 502's I believe) Angina's and LIL wonders over seas and never let the customer know. I am also a fan of soundstream. And as you do, I know about about the past.
All first series Rubicons were built in the US depending upon the interpretation of the process. If you truly know the past then should be able to answer your own question. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I should of said statement, Korea never made it into the picture until around year five, but then it was so close to the PA takeover really doesn't matter. Boards were only "stuffed" in Korea not completed there.

Year 5? Of the Rubicon series 1? How long do you think they made the Series 1? they came out Early 98 and sold till 2001 with the Series 2 coming out in Oct of 2001 in some areas. Weather PA bought them or not not those(Rubicon II) were going to be released. They were showed at CES in 2001 under the name Plazma Same boards different heat sink. (Later to become the Edge Sink- the Digital Graphics.)

I have 10 Soundstream Davinci amps. Yes you read right 10. Sad thing is I do not have a camera at the moment. These do not come with the Blt's I am letting them go for a flat rare of $750.00 each. Light marks on the gold from polishing that is all. They all come with a 90 day warrenty. Also if there is any amp from Soundstream you are looking for that was made after 1995 please let me know and i will give you a price. I have access to a ton of Soundstream amps new and old. Let me know what you are looking for. I know without pics this may seem worthless bit I will offer the first person $50.00 off a Davinci. Take pics and post in this thread to show I am legit. Thanks for looking.

Dave
Da Vinci for $700? Get in touch with me. Id like tto know more

Rubicon series 1 was four years starting in 97. Year five was Korea when SS started to switch over to series 2 and use the buildhouse completely. New management is what lead to series 2. Yes both series 1 and 2 boards were made in Korea, but the end built processes were completely different.

IMO the newer subs just can't precisely produce lower notes with output. The Rubicon 12 (R-12SQ is what your talking about? I have both Rubicon series) is not as accurate as the Exact v1 but does supply more output. I've kept the sub for this one reason alone. To me this was the last SQ sub SS made. Also it needs power to get it there too, and I like the basket design.

Still best sub was the Exact v1 accurate and articulate. Rips though lower notes with precision with nice output.

You do know that the Exact V1 and V2 are the same woofers right? Only difference is the surround and dustcap. I suggest getting your hands of Van Gogh woofer. If you are a fan of SQ you will enjoy it. I put it 2nd to the Exact.

I'd have / had both and to me there was a difference between the two (cone material is different too IICC). You still have couple brand new right? Anything past the Rubicon I just go with a IDQ V2. You can pick them up for next to nothing, small mounting depth, box size, high output, and efficient.

Yes, the V1 Exacts had a pressed paper cone. I think the V2's have better soft parts. I have 2 V2 Exact 10's 4 Spl's 4 Van Gogh 12's. 2 t4 12's Almost at least 1 of everything 07 and down. Just sold my 2 T2 12's. Never had a V2 Rubicon tho. For some reason the Surround turned me off. Crazy I know. Cool basket tho, as is the T2's

Anytime I see the V2's on ebay I snag them up.

P.S. Whats IICC stand for?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.