Lightweight Sub?

Special_J
10+ year member

Bay Area
I'm sorry if this has been posted before but, I'm looking for a lightweight sub for my hatchback because I want my car to be fast to semi-fast and have good bass at the same time. I don't know if that will be possible though. I wanted to get 1 15 XXX but I don't know how much 1 weighs without the box? What would you guys suggest that would sound good, still be loud and wouldn't weigh that much. By the way, I would like it in a ported box, maybe 4 cubes at the most and tuned to 29-35 Hz. Thanks for your help!

Racing and having your system in at the same time is a //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif . That subs is quite heavy and with a box for that speaker you can forget it. I've heard thats its a good sub but if you want fast and that speaker you need a turbo //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/driving.gif.c4dead4599dda895032b63e51f52b126.gif . What kind of car is it a honda?

if you had some tq you could have heavy subs? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Yeah anyway. I suggest looking into the RE line of subs. You get a coulple of 8's or 10's they dont need a huge box, they are light and get loud. Ive only heard the 8's though. 4 of them sealed was tweaking my ears a little. These people hating on imports piss me off. GET A LIFE.

relax buddy. see the smiley face //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif dont be a little ***** about things son. i drive an import too.. but mine has tq.

If you actually race, just take the subs out, if you just want to go fast on the road, I highly doubt you will notice much of a difference without the subs. You're weight is probably more of a factor. Get two tens or something and port them, usually cheaper lower line subs weigh less (generally), so that would work.

If you actually race, just take the subs out, if you just want to go fast on the road, I highly doubt you will notice much of a difference without the subs. You're weight is probably more of a factor. Get two tens or something and port them, usually cheaper lower line subs weigh less (generally), so that would work.
Yeah I don't really go to the races. People just try to race me on the freeway and I'm usually paranoid about having huge subs because I think it would be holding me back from getting into the higher RPMs quicker. I might just invest in engine internals first and then get a sub or two later on.

100lbs=.1 on the 1/4 mile as an estimate. which is about 1 car length in the 1/4 mile. so in a 0-60 race its not really a HUGE deal. but in the 1/4 it is. just pull the subs out and you should be fine at the track.

100lbs=.1 on the 1/4 mile as an estimate. which is about 1 car length in the 1/4 mile. so in a 0-60 race its not really a HUGE deal. but in the 1/4 it is. just pull the subs out and you should be fine at the track.
Oh, I see. Thanks for the info!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.