Lights dim and ported or sealed box?

Black24

MN
Hey guys,

I really dont understand why my lights are diming... I have my 3 caps each 1 frad from stinger and are all hooked up together and my lights are still dimming I dont know why my amp is 2400 watts and I have 2 12" audiobahns also I was wondering if a sealed or ported box would be better?

Your Cars Electrical System can not keep up- in which case- a cap is worthless.

Your only solution to this is to replace the alternator/regulator with a higher output model. This can be achieved by re-winding your existing alt for increased output or simple purchasing a new high output alt all together.

take it easy,

-zane

Well, now that your light dimming problem has been answered, I'll help you with the box dilema...If you are using audiobahn subs, then your primary goal is most likely SPL rather than SQ, so I'd go with a ported box in your case simply because with those subs, there really isn't a whole lot of difference in sound quality but you will notice a very large difference in SPL if you use a ported box...

Keep it loud!

JELLYDIME

Alright thanx guys for the help on the lighting... I will have to purchase a new alt... about the box deal... I thought that a seal box would be better for SPL then a ported box or am I hearing this wrong???

Anyone know if Tsunami Caps are any good? I'm looking to buy one and need some help. From what i've seen online they are about $20 less than the Rockfords.

I hope you are running at least 2awg..

And dunno about the tsunami caps..I would imagine it does what it is supposed to but it isn't exactly the best moey can buy.

Mike

I guess i'll go for it! It's a 1farad Tsunami cap online for about $130-140 (rockford around $160). My local audio store guy quoted me a price of $100 so I wasn't sure if it was good or not.

I guess i'll find out!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.