LF: H/O alt installer Inland Empire

Participant count
  • Participant list

shammyhavik

Senior VIP Member
cali
I'm in need of an experienced installer. The whip is a 06 Hyundai Sonata LX v6 3.3L

In order to reach the alt you must remove the radiator.

The alt i'm looking for is the beefiest you've got to offer. Also i'm not bound to the Inland Empire, i'm willing to drive about 100 miles from Temecula area

i hit up a couple mechanics and they said installing my gear is a no go because it voids their contract if they screw my gear up

Whats the largest h/o alt i can fit in my car?

J's said they can only do 240amp. I really want one upward of 300amps cuz i'm a beast but idk if it's possible

I hit em up and they want $740 for a 320a alt T-T
Looks like i'm settling for a 240a from jays at only $320
you say you want the biggest alt , but you found a 320 at dc ????

sounds like you want a big one for cheap..... not going to happen.

and do it your self, not hard...

I beg to differ, without the proper tools its impossible, I had to buy several different sized and angled wrenches to do my alt install, engine compartment for v6/v8 import cars are ridiculously jam packed. My hand's not that big but it had a horrible time trying to fit anywhere especially when doing the belt. Its doable but its time consuming but definitely not for novices. American cars are soo much easier to work with.

I want an alt but $750 is too much.. I'm capping out at $500 and i thought i could find 300a+ for 500 bucks or less.

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

I can't see 80 more amps being worth an extra $400

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

I beg to differ, without the proper tools its impossible, I had to buy several different sized and angled wrenches to do my alt install, engine compartment for v6/v8 import cars are ridiculously jam packed. My hand's not that big but it had a horrible time trying to fit anywhere especially when doing the belt. Its doable but its time consuming but definitely not for novices. American cars are soo much easier to work with.
Hook it up with my alt install :p

better question is, do you even need a high output alt? whats your lowest voltage drops
My voltage is steady at 14 while cruising. Doesn't drop past 13 when idle. The thing is i have bigger wattage plans.. Forgot to include that part.

I'm thinking upward of 4k watts

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

shammyhavik

Senior VIP Member
shammyhavik
cali
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from