Leverage hidden compartment in Prius gen2?

Participant count
  • Participant list

pokeyouindaeye

CarAudio.com Newbie
There's a hidden sub-floor between the visible trunk and the spare tire in the Gen2 Prius that I'm trying to figure-out how to leverage for a subwoofer setup, but not sure about how a mostly enclosed space will affect that.

The battery is right beside it, which is kinda' handy. Behind/below the passenger-side rear tail-light.

General dimensions are approx:
5.25" height (some potential flex)
33.5" side-to-side
21.5" front-to-back

Here's a pic:

did you factor space for the amp as well? You dont have much depth for an actual sub unless you invert mount it. Is that cover stuck on there or can you remove it completely? You have about 1.4 cubic feet before accounting sub displacement.

There's a hidden sub-floor between the visible trunk and the spare tire in the Gen2 Prius that I'm trying to figure-out how to leverage for a subwoofer setup, but not sure about how a mostly enclosed space will affect that.

The battery is right beside it, which is kinda' handy. Behind/below the passenger-side rear tail-light.

General dimensions are approx:
5.25" height (some potential flex)
33.5" side-to-side
21.5" front-to-back

Here's a pic:
View attachment 19934
I see potential in that

@Jeffdachef - I'll see if there's room underneath for the sub body, where the spare tire is, for an invert mount facing into that compartment.

But what would happen with a space like this if a sub were mounted on an open frame and the amp was put in there too? just a muffled mess?

The lid can be removed, but I was wondering it it made any sense at all to leverage it for hidden sub setup... less theft potential, more usable trunk space.

Downfiring shallow setup in it's own box and amp beside it?

But if it doesn't make much sense, I don't mind... just brainstorming. There's also the side compartment option for a custom box, or just bit the bullet and take-up some trunk space.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

pokeyouindaeye

CarAudio.com Newbie
pokeyouindaeye
Vancouver, BC - Canada
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from