Lets Talk HAIR TRICK!?!

superbang
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I've always been intrigued by the whole hair trick thing. Most people i see pull hair tricks have walled off systems. I know you've all seen the single 12" Konaki off 1200rms in a trunk car doing a decent hair trick.

My goal is to achieve a decent hair trick in my suv. The catch is I have one 18" Treo SSX and one autotek MM3000. I would also like to keep my 3rd row seats. So this is where you guys come in. I need your help to get this done. I would assume its all in the box and tune but I've never done this before so i'm all ears. Or maybe its not possible with my gear?

I can pull easy 140db legal as of right now off a memphis pr1.1000 (around 1000rms) The sub is in a 4 cuft box at 32hz

yeh i didnt really see any hair moving in that video, but usually in like the upper 40s u can usually get some hair movement. and the lower you peak the move air you usually move. i can bass race a 148+ at 40hz and and do a decent hair trick imo. i mean its not like you see with the ppl doing like 152+ with walls or anything

i was doing 146 in my civic hatch back @ 38hz but couldn't get a decent hair trick out of it.

From what you're saying, I need to try and hit low hz at about 145db ?

well i know in my honda fit which is similar to a civic hatch i was doing like a 148+ in it at around 50hz and could see my gf's hair move a little sitting in the pass sit and doors shut never did a hair trick type thing with the window down tho. but with 1 18 and 3kw in a sub i would expect about a 148 or so and should be moving some air.

Ive got a Treo SSX 15'' on about 2400w in my single cab truck. I dont really have a truck box, its sub and port facing front. I move some air, havent put a shirt or anything up to the window to see but I will make a vid tomorrow.

You should be able to do a hair trick of some sort with more power and cone area than I do. Just need the right box and an SUV ez to get loud

Big difference between blowing some hair around and a serious hair trick.

For moving air with that 18, do a huge ported box with a port tuned lowwww. Go as big as you can. Try around 9-10 cubes tuned to around 25hz.

Yeah I had an 18" in 7-8cubes with a 12" port. most stuff

I'm not familiar with your sub but the box seems a bit on the small side

I've always been intrigued by the whole hair trick thing. Most people i see pull hair tricks have walled off systems. I know you've all seen the single 12" Konaki off 1200rms in a trunk car doing a decent hair trick.

i dind't see anything but ass and thong seriously...was there even a hair trick in that video?

yeh i didnt really see any hair moving in that video, but usually in like the upper 40s u can usually get some hair movement. and the lower you peak the move air you usually move. i can bass race a 148+ at 40hz and and do a decent hair trick imo. i mean its not like you see with the ppl doing like 152+ with walls or anything
doing a 151.3 @ 49hz i couldnt hair trick for the life of me:crap:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.