Lethal Injection's vs. L7's

depends on how you set it up. there are ALOT of factors in a sub system, many of which means either or would work but you gotta look at power and size of the box you are willing to build

Well I will have around 750 for each sub ( running a MTX 81000d). I hope they are dual 2 ohm. And as far as box size I can go however big. But I just saw retail on them was like 250 so I bet they are around 175 a piece.

Well they could handle more than that but since they only come in dual 4 I guess those wont work. Any other suggestions, have about 400 tops and they have to be dual 2 ohm coils. I think the L7's are the loudest in that price range.

Thanks

i am looking into buying some L7s too, but i have only heard they they break easily and that they have a very high distortion...so i dunno...i really havnt heard anything good about them.

i am looking into buying some L7s too, but i have only heard they they break easily and that they have a very high distortion...so i dunno...i really havnt heard anything good about them.
I'v never heard of them breaking, but I have heard of them not sounding amazing all the time. They get loud though...that's something good about them

L7's will take serious abuse and get pretty dang loud. They don't sound horrible, but there's better SQ to be had for sure. If you just want something really loud, the L7 is probably a good choice.

how bout a pair of Re hc's they are dual 2ohm, not sure on the price but they would be real close to the L7 in spl, and the hc will sound a whole lot better than the L7

Well what about HC vs. L7 in a SPL matchup? I want something pretty loud. Louder than what I have now.

Brahma 12 with 750 going to it.

Is your brahma ported??? If not you could go ported and slap a bigger amp on it!! Or just go with the XXX (although very similar to the Brahma). IMO the XXX is a pretty tough sub to contend with!! And if the Brahma and XXX are closely related like it seems they are i would have to think the Brahma has the ability to beat any of the formentioned subs!!..............Or you could just buy a second Brahma!!!!! And a BIG ass amp!

later,

Ian

I'v never heard of them breaking, but I have heard of them not sounding amazing all the time. They get loud though...that's something good about them
...shredded the spiders on a 12" L7 with a very small old rockford amp //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

lots and lots of mms + dinky 6.5" linear spider = bad combonation //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wave.gif.002382ce7d7c19757ab945cc69819de1.gif

...shredded the spiders on a 12" L7 with a very small old rockford amp //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
lots and lots of mms + dinky 6.5" linear spider = bad combonation //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wave.gif.002382ce7d7c19757ab945cc69819de1.gif
That sounds like more of a really bad install job than anything else. I could blow up any sub with an install designed for that purpose //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.