Lesser known/newer brand subs?

mfenske
10+ year member

aemracerex =POS
So are there any new companies out there making really awesome stuff? I'm aware of ones like PSI, Soundqubed, and Sundown. I'd especially like to find high xmax, low enclosure sized woofers in 15" or larger. I liked my C2 Threatcon 4 12" but looks like they went under.

So are there any new companies out there making really awesome stuff? I'm aware of ones like PSI, Soundqubed, and Sundown. I'd especially like to find high xmax, low enclosure sized woofers in 15" or larger. I liked my C2 Threatcon 4 12" but looks like they went under.
Check out FU audio.

FB Audio. That's a close name to what's mentioned above but not a typo.

Stands for- Fanatics Bass Audio.

Buildhouse designs most of their own softparts and many of their subwoofers do not exist in the forms offered.

they make lines up to 5,000w and enclosure sizes for 15s can optimally be designed with less than 3cuft so that should fit your criteria.

We will push them starting next year but they are an elite company so do not expect bottom of the barrel pricing.

ampere audio aa3.0v2, im considering one of these in 10" instead of the the tantric md 12 i have.

edit: their site claims their subs work well in smaller boxes

If stuff claims to work in small boxes you are missing out.

They will only be efficient over a narrow bandwidth. They will have bad roll off past tuning.

If that's a subs hook that's all they can say since it will probably fall apart in a larger, more efficient, wider bandwidth box

You have to give up something with everything. You can't have small and efficient.

If stuff claims to work in small boxes you are missing out. They will only be efficient over a narrow bandwidth. They will have bad roll off past tuning.

If that's a subs hook that's all they can say since it will probably fall apart in a larger, more efficient, wider bandwidth box

You have to give up something with everything. You can't have small and efficient.
big box does not always equal more bandwidth, If anything too big will put out a bigger peak at port tuning unless tuned really low. You want a proper sized box, not too big or too little for bandwidth.

For 15s, FB Audio recommends 2.4-3.3cuft.

However, we have still yet to test these subs so manuf recommendation vs own testing is unknown.

big box does not always equal more bandwidth, If anything too big will put out a bigger peak at port tuning unless tuned really low. You want a proper sized box, not too big or too little for bandwidth.
To much port area will hurt it. As long as the ratio is right it will always be better.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

mfenske

10+ year member
aemracerex =POS
mfenske
Portland, Oregon
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date