LeMans

Corsica
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Okay I am getting a Pontiac LeMans. Its a 1989 (or there abouts). I am getting a paht deal on it. Anyways it needs an oil pan and the speedo is fukked. As in spedometer don't work @ all. Rest of the cluster does but not the speedo. Anyways, anyone got any guesses as to how much to fix this ****?? Andwould u go Ghetto Ricer, Ghetto Pimp, or dB drag. Meaning All out SPL no SQ at all.

J

Originally posted by Corsica Okay I am getting a Pontiac LeMans. Its a 1989 (or there abouts). I am getting a paht deal on it. Anyways it needs an oil pan and the speedo is fukked. As in spedometer don't work @ all. Rest of the cluster does but not the speedo. Anyways, anyone got any guesses as to how much to fix this ****?? Andwould u go Ghetto Ricer, Ghetto Pimp, or dB drag. Meaning All out SPL no SQ at all.

J
Hmmm.... you know, the oil pan might be tough, but you might be able to gank new dials off of an old junker somewhere. Could save a lot of time and money, if all else fails.

And ghetto rice that bad boy... all the way from the cheesy stickers to the whale tail spoiler to the neon colored seat belt cover straps!! Good luck finding stuff, though...

Mike

Tha oil pan is the only ***** part I think. I believe going Ghetto Ricer would be easy. If Ito rice it also must have a ghetto system.

J

GHETTO PIMP!!!! Ricers get the laughs and giggling stares, Pimp's get the hoe's, simple as that!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

the speedo's sensor is probably bad. maybe $10 for a new one, u can put it in yourself. it also might be the speedo cable, not sure how much, probably like $20 for a new one, and u can put that in yourself too, no need for new gauges. the pan might be at most $200 for a brand new one, i'm guessing more like $120 in your case. $200 is like for the ones for drag racing for my stang. you can get a shop to put that in for you, probably at most $50. also, get synthetic oil, it'll make your engine last longer and you won't have to change your oil as often. i think regularly u should change your oil every 3000 miles, with synthetic, it's twice as long, 6000 miles.

Originally posted by Corsica Tha oil pan is the only ***** part I think. I believe going Ghetto Ricer would be easy. If Ito rice it also must have a ghetto system.

J
Yeah, the oil pan could **** a lot. I don't know enough about automotive parts to know where you could get one discount or anything, but I guess if you REALLY knew what you were doing you could just buy the oil pan and install it yourself (???). I would imagine that would be incredibly tricky, though, and you'd probably need a pneumatic lift, too, to get under the car...

Ghetto ricing it might be harder than you think... I just tried looking for a body kit / spoiler / custom detailing kit for an '89 Le Mans to absolutely no avail at all. I think it would be kinda cool if you could manage to pull it off. Plus, think of all the credibility you would bring to the local "ricing" scene... !!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

As far as the system is concerned, it doesn't have to BE ghetto... it just has to LOOK ghetto. Think Neon beat-matching subwoofer rings, shag box carpeting, and maybe some lava-style neon mood lighting under the hatch, too...

Mmmmm.... cheesy beats....

Mike

Its now final. Ghetto Pimp with a tittie bit of Ricer in it. All it Rice pimpin'. I figure its a good mix of both. Cheap ass but set up to be tha best it can be system, trhat hits 189 dB's!!!!! LOL and then look pimped with blue or limo Black Tint.

J

Dude oil pans are on the bottom of small assed motors. This won't be too bad to put on. I pulled a few so putting back on shouldn't be this bad. I just need to find one. as far as a body kit...........i am gonna find one somehow.

J

Check junk yards for an oil pan. You might get lucky and find one dirt cheap. As for any kind of exterior dress up items you may be out of luck. There just isn't that much demand for a car like that. If you do find something more power to you.

Originally posted by 51t Check junk yards for an oil pan. You might get lucky and find one dirt cheap. As for any kind of exterior dress up items you may be out of luck. There just isn't that much demand for a car like that. If you do find something more power to you.

If i can find a pan from a diff ca. Finding LeMans is a ***** roudn here.

J

Sorry to make ya excited ya **** post Wh0re!!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif :nono: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif

J

Originally posted by Corsica Sorry to make ya excited ya **** post Wh0re!!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif :nono: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif

J
Hahaha

Originally posted by Corsica UPDATE

LeMans will now be a DD car as the Corsica (sniffle wipes way lone tear) are parting ways with me.

J

designated driver?? as in driving your drunk friends all around??? not a bad idea...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Corsica

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
Corsica
Ft Huachuca, AZ
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date