Leave as coaxial or move tweets?

Participant count
  • Participant list

JrVtecAccord
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Dallas,TX
I currently have Polks SR6500's installed in the coaxial configuration, and for some reason I am getting the urge to move the tweeters, why I don't know:confused:

So, in my previous accord I had them installed on the door panels, which I know is not the best location. So what will you do, leave them installed as coaxial or move them to this location?

The door panels

061908_0267.jpg

061908_0269.jpg

Or the A pilar ( I think that's what is called) It might be possible, haven't really checked clearance though.

061908_0270.jpg

the higher you put your tweets, the better they sound. go for the pillars
This is an incorrect statement. The "best" location for your drivers is going to depend on the car, available processing, and user preference.

I assume you are running passive, right? If so, you do not have the ability to use time alignment therefor you will want to keep the distance between the mid and you ear and the tweet and your ear as close as possible. Your best way to find out though is to temporarily mount the tweets in different locations and see what sounds best to you.

If you're running passive with no t/a, I say leave 'em where ther are. If you're running active and have t/a, I'd put 'em in the sail panels, personally.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.