Last time im gonna ask

farmerehsan
10+ year member

144.6 db
Tampa
I want to get a head unit and Eq to go under it..

I want it to have mp3, usb connection in the back not front, bluetooth would be nice..need to be a nice unit

please suggest a cd player and an eq

bugdet is like 400 for both

after a few months i only have 2 gripes.

the clear lcd cover is terrible in sunlight. the display itself is great, just that the cover glares a lot. since i don't have to look at the unit much i just set it to be a huge clock and nothing else. i can make that out fine in the daytime. i love it at night.

since the upgrade to my iphone's os for streaming bt i now have to wait until the pair up via bt before i can connect it via the wire. not a big deal really but when i get out for things like gas i have to unplug it before i start the car back up. if i don't then it only makes the connection via bt. it will still stream via bt but i cannot control my iphone via the hu. you need the wire connection for that.

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X693. It's got all the same features the 993 has except for the bluetooth. It's over $100 less than the 993 as well. I've got one in my GFs car and it's a pretty good hu. I want to say 5 band graphic eq, time alignment, crossover (not 3 way). For more of a budget HU, it's got some great features.

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X693. It's got all the same features the 993 has except for the bluetooth. It's over $100 less than the 993 as well. I've got one in my GFs car and it's a pretty good hu. I want to say 5 band graphic eq, time alignment, crossover (not 3 way). For more of a budget HU, it's got some great features.
I had that deck in one of my other cars...a very nice unit for the price.

Kenwood should hire me as a sales rep for how much I talk about this HU. I convinced two other people on here to buy it and they're happy with it. It's definitely not the best out there, but for the price and what it offers, it's unbeatable.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.