Last minute critique

Participant count
  • Participant list

stockwes
10+ year member

Portland
I am getting ready to purchase the components for my system. Are there any changes anyone would advise in my price range?

The system is going into a 2008 civic

I allready have amps from a previous system, they will be (all are in rms):

JL Audio 450/4

150x2 @ 1.5-4 ohms

75x2 @ 1.5-4ohms

Concept 1200D

300 @ 4 ohms

600 @ 2 ohms

1200 @ 1 ohms

I have a bunch of 4gag power and 12gag speaker wire from a previous install. I am going to run my stock speakers in the back seat of the car on the 75watt channel until i have more cash for upgrades... I also have everything to make a custom box...

Here is my shopping list, what should i change or add

Alpine CDA-9886 $215

ID CTX65CS $180

(3) RE SE10D2 (wired to 1.33 ohms) $400

Honda dash kit 99-7871t and harness and antenna adaptor $70

1/0 Install kit with 100% ofc wire $90

fused 1/0 to 2x 4gag dist block $20

Monster Cable 201 XLN 4C 5M $33

40 ft^2 Second skin damplifier $~120

thanks a bunch

My research has led my to belive that the tens would sound the best with my style of music, i listen to mostly rock/metal sort of stuff. My reason for three was leaving room for a upgrade later on. The concept amp is pretty crappy but i have it and it will do for now... Someday i was hopeing to upgrade. As for my reason for re, i like the look and price of them. I have no ties to them beyond this. I am totally open for suggestions. I am also open for opinions on other size configerations. Please share any info you have with me!

12's shouldn't be much different...if at all. Some swear that different size woofers play music differently, some say they don't. My opinion is that it's all in the box, as far as that goes...

If you're planning on upgrading later on, why spend the money to buy an extra sub but then not have the power for it? Seems like you'd want to do both of those things at once...

My research has led my to belive that the tens would sound the best with my style of music, i listen to mostly rock/metal sort of stuff. My reason for three was leaving room for a upgrade later on. The concept amp is pretty crappy but i have it and it will do for now... Someday i was hopeing to upgrade. As for my reason for re, i like the look and price of them. I have no ties to them beyond this. I am totally open for suggestions. I am also open for opinions on other size configerations. Please share any info you have with me!
I had four 12" SE's a year or so back (sold 2 of them on this forum). I never got to install all four, because I destroyed the vehicle I was going to build in, but I did test a pair for several weeks and was relatively impressed. And for the record, I listen to metal and punk & the 12"s worked just fine for me...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.