lanzar what you think

My first noob set up contained an older lanzar vibe series amp and i can't really complain about it. It pushed my 2 old pioneer subs pretty well and this setup hit a 139.7 on the TL metered by Nick Wright of IA. These are decent budget amps if you don't have the money.

compared to?
Compared to pretty much anything. Gotta remember, this sub was built when you were 7 years old. You probably didn't know car audio existed until after the Sound Around buyout. You would have a totally different view of companies like Lanzar and PPI and Orion and Soundstream and Hifonics and, well, pretty much all of them, if you were doing this back when they were all made in the USA and not owned by some gigantic corporation. When Lanzar was built in Canoga Park, CA and PPI and Orion both had Made In USA proudly emblazoned on everything they built. It was a different time then. And 11 years after it was built, I would easily put my 10" Lanzar DC SVC 4 ohm against pretty much anything built today in terms of SQ. Only sub I've found that I would even think of replacing my DC with is an AA Assassin.

the original vibe1200D put out 1100 watts, and was PWM regulated, just like the optis, and that single amp is the reason 'vibe' amps are usually regarded as good, but the only ones that are gauranteed to be good are the optis, which are about 20x more expensive than any other lanzar.
ya those older vibe 1200d's did rated power or at least really really really close, all off 12v or less.... for the money they are some of the best budget amps in the $150 or less catogory. i loved mine before i sold it to get more power. the optidrive are better quality, relativly efficent, and reliable for daily driving. other than the opti's and old vibes (only the class D vibes, never used the class AB's but id imageing they wouldnt sound too nice), the rest of lanzars stuff isnt worth the money. the vibe 1200d and 1800d are worth it, as well as the opti's.

The black a/b vibes were servicable. Even ok on their ratings.

I've got a 430 running my wife's set up, and put a 230 in my sister's boat a few years back. Both are about 5 yrs old and working fine.

The newer vibes are similar internally, just iffy to embarassing with power ratings. You have to look at the manuals to find accurate numbers. The stuff they put out on the retail websites isn't even close a lot of the time.

They seem to think they can sell the Vibe/Viberant/Heritage stuff in mass quantities to newbies and still retain a high level of respect with the Optidrive equipment among more competitive consumers.

I'm not sure it's working.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.