l7s not hitting hard

tyronekndrck
10+ year member

I had 12s l7s they hit very hard so expect 15s to hit harder. well they don't hit half like the 12s. I think they may be underpowered its ran by a 1800 watt power acoustic amp 4 gauge wire. and my mirrors don't even shake its weird but do anyone have any suggestions (please don't tell me l7s r **** lol I know how they sound mines r just not even moving)

think their 4 ohm and I don't know much about installation I took them to the same place I took my 12s. a professional shop he told me after installation the amp might underpower but my 12s was under powered and shook my whole car

not sure but about The box but same size as my kicker comp box and must say the comps was a little louder. I know it sound crazy it might be my amp it is an old power acoustic 1800 max and I have 4 gauge power

think their 4 ohm and I don't know much about installation I took them to the same place I took my 12s. a professional shop he told me after installation the amp might underpower but my 12s was under powered and shook my whole car
I'd take em out of the box and rewire them. That PA amp is a POS but it should be enough to move the 15's.

get a custom enclosure built and check the wiring those prefab kicker boxes are way to small for l7's they like huge boxes. the 15's almost like the standard 18 inch round size box

thanks for reply. the box is smaller than it should be but the fact is it still should hit way harder than it should. like I said kicker comp shouldn't be able to touch l7s in the same box size and the comps sound louder. i hope its the amp

thanks for reply. the box is smaller than it should be but the fact is it still should hit way harder than it should. like I said kicker comp shouldn't be able to touch l7s in the same box size and the comps sound louder. i hope its the amp
that is incorrect. a cvr will sound louder in the same box if its built to the specs of a cvr sub. diffrent subs require diffrent boxes man. on top of that you do need more power.

spend some money on a box and amp. you spent how much on those l7's and put a power acoustic amp on them? would of went with one l7 and a decent amp.

Well if your 12's were under powered then the 15's are probably going to be even more under powered. A professional shop told you they "might" be under powered? Doesn't sound very professional or knowledgeable to me. I'd double check the wiring and everything else they might have done. If everything looks good then it is time for a new amp/box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.