K's V.S. IMPP

Ok guys need to make a choice between 2 ED k's 12” and 2 pioneer premier IMPP 12".i need the sub to sound good and get loud. Also suggest the respective amps. And box. Please consider the cost in your decision

2ks avionixx 800.2... look at my sig as for box and how loud they are

so joshpoints i see u have gotten your K's in glad to here

Yup. When I first got them I ran them at what I thought was a moderate volume for around 3 hrs. Then I turned the gain up a little more on the amp for about 7 or 8 more hrs. I wasn't satisfied with the sq or the amount of bass when I turned the system up after this break in. At low volumes when I first got them I thought, boy these have good sq. So after thinking that these subs were all hype I decided to adjust the amp. I had the bass boost turned all the way to 0. I turned this bass boost up about half way and couldn't believe it. THe subs were way louder than any of my previous systems, and the output of my previous systems impressed my friends who ran JL, SOny LOL, and Fosgate. I was afraid of turning the stereo up even with my windows up at work because I thought I would set the alarms off to the cars around me. The bass ended up being too much. SO I turned the bass boost down and lowered the gains and adjusted on the crossover some more. THe sq is there the amount of spl that I want is there and great part is my adjustements haven't been maximized yet and I have them in a crappy box right now. I ordered a new box and can't wait for it to arrive. Oh and when I thought I was running the subs at a moderate volume when breaking them in, I really wasn't. The volume level I was playing them at wasn't even working them. It was like nothing.

Yup. When I first got them I ran them at what I thought was a moderate volume for around 3 hrs. Then I turned the gain up a little more on the amp for about 7 or 8 more hrs. I wasn't satisfied with the sq or the amount of bass when I turned the system up after this break in. At low volumes when I first got them I thought, boy these have good sq. So after thinking that these subs were all hype I decided to adjust the amp. I had the bass boost turned all the way to 0. I turned this bass boost up about half way and couldn't believe it. THe subs were way louder than any of my previous systems, and the output of my previous systems impressed my friends who ran JL, SOny LOL, and Fosgate. I was afraid of turning the stereo up even with my windows up at work because I thought I would set the alarms off to the cars around me. The bass ended up being too much. SO I turned the bass boost down and lowered the gains and adjusted on the crossover some more. THe sq is there the amount of spl that I want is there and great part is my adjustements haven't been maximized yet and I have them in a crappy box right now. I ordered a new box and can't wait for it to arrive. Oh and when I thought I was running the subs at a moderate volume when breaking them in, I really wasn't. The volume level I was playing them at wasn't even working them. It was like nothing.
lol same here

i only have my bass boost on my amp like 1/3 of the way up and ppl still r amazed at my little 10's

i turn the bass boost all the way up for like a few seconds...just to show off and they r in awe. those subs r awesome

lol same here i only have my bass boost on my amp like 1/3 of the way up and ppl still r amazed at my little 10's

i turn the bass boost all the way up for like a few seconds...just to show off and they r in awe. those subs r awesome

I'm sure I could get a ticket if I wasn't too smart with the volume around a policeofficer. I hope their ruggedness is just as amazing as their sound. I'm within the rms of the subs and with how low I have the gain I can't imagine them getting a clipped signal, so I think they should last three years. If they do they are well worth the money. Returning faulty speakers one set after another, (as I've had to do in the past) *****. I want to drive next to someone that has some expensive 10's or 12's, then amaze them and keep them wondering what brand I have.

It's supposed to be sealed, but the current enclosure I have is crap(it leaks for sure hole is too big). They still sound great though. My subs are louder than my brother's (setup without even trying)in his camaro and his subs have a clear shot to the driver's seat where as mine has to go through the rear seat. My new box will be at my house tomorrow. I actually worry about getting a ticket with how loud they are. But I still have to play with the sub sonic filter and the low pass filter on my amp. Okay I don't know what's up, I've tried posting this 5x now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

john_dmx

10+ year member
john_dmx
SANTA'S ASS
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from