korey12 - Good Seller but packing... eh.

Participant count
  • Participant list

JL Audio
5,000+ posts

ThugStep
KY
bought an RF Prime 500.1 from him for a decent price. He shipped asap monday and tossed me tracking, Item had just arrived and I took pics to explain my "eh" for the packing.

Pics as follows:

The Box:

IMG00217.jpg

The Box Opened:

IMG00218.jpg

The Bass Knob laying loose in the corner of the box:

IMG00219.jpg

The amp literally reaches to the edges of the box, a good knock to either end would have caused damage pretty easily. I have not moved the paper in any form apart from what was on top, not that newspaper would be much side packing regardless:

IMG00221.jpg

IMG00222.jpg

The amount of paper that was "top" packing for the amp compared to my knife, it was 2 sheets wadded up:

IMG00223.jpg

The remaining packing:

IMG00224.jpg

I opened the amp up and checked internals as the knob was on MAX when I took it out so that made me want to check the amps internals. All seems to look ok, but I won't be able to test it for a little while until I install the girls system and run wires:

IMG00225.jpg

IMG00226.jpg

So there you have it. Take the feedback for what you will. He sold it to me for less than he was asking and for that, I thank him.. but packing could have been better. I'd do business with again but i'd expect shipping quality to have a little more time spent on it. I'll update thread once I test the amp out sometime soon.

Bubble wrap and peanuts aren't expensive. I'd much rather pay a little extra up front when shipping an item out, than to have to give money back on a damaged item... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/idea.gif.5acb6a39a9b92425414c316dda202bad.gif

People just need to use common sense when shipping things. Would a few newspapers really protect anything at all? no

Just like the guy who shipped me a 15" sub with 6 styrofoam dinner plates as packaging. lol

People just need to use common sense when shipping things. Would a few newspapers really protect anything at all? noJust like the guy who shipped me a 15" sub with 6 styrofoam dinner plates as packaging. lol
lol i remember that

People just need to use common sense when shipping things. Would a few newspapers really protect anything at all? noJust like the guy who shipped me a 15" sub with 6 styrofoam dinner plates as packaging. lol
that was a good post to read lol.

The guy is good and as I said i'd buy from again, just needs to work over his idea of packing for future sales.

he coulda saved on shipping by using a better sized box for that amp.. and packed it better.. 2 pool tubes would work just fine.. maybe one.. cut out the middle and put one on each side.. and one on the ends.. tape them to each other pretty tightly stick em in a box that fits it pretty tightly to avoid moving..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

JL Audio

5,000+ posts
ThugStep
JL Audio
KY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies