KnuKonceptz Powerwire and etc..

Participant count
  • Participant list

Syntaxx7x
10+ year member

Just got my KnuKonceptz Powerwire (Kandy Cable OFC) in the mail....

2 days Later!!! Excellent service..

I'm kinda crazy about colors so I got a little of everything.. Just wanted to post some pics..

I got the inline fuse and o-ring terminals..

also a comparison to the old wire I will be switching out.

Would it be better if I ran the big 3 on top of the existing wire run?? would it hurt?? I should I do a direct replacement?? I have a 2010 Camaro.. 150 amp stock alt..

Don't really know what size is stock.. but it's not less than 2 or 4 gauge..

ok.. only about halfway done with big 3... gotta give my girlfriend some time.. guess i'll finish it sometime tomorrow.. or tuesday..

thought it would be hard.. but not really.. alternator was a b*tch to get to.. had to go from under the car.. all I gotta do is run the alternator to batt ... shouldn't be that bad.. and to think.. audio company was gonna charge me $170 for the big 3..

Would it be better if I ran the big 3 on top of the existing wire run?? would it hurt?? I should I do a direct replacement?? I have a 2010 Camaro.. 150 amp stock alt..
Don't really know what size is stock.. but it's not less than 2 or 4 gauge..
Always add on, do not remove the OEM wire.

thanx.... I was reading through the big 3 post and at about page 5-6 they were talking about that.. I got everything done.. except the run of wire from the alt to batt.. it's kinda funny on my car car there is a batt post under the hood. but the batt is in the trunk.. so.. so far all I've done is a run from alt to batt post under hood. engine to chassis ground.. and batt to chassis ground.. Gotta run from batt post under hood to batt in back and I'll be done..

Big 3 is easy. My alt was a ***** to get to aswell. But once done everything else was real easy.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

once I get this.. I gotta fing someone to get me a box built in my trunk.. Well I gotta get the $ up 1st.. I've been quoted anything from $500-$1200... with a couple in the $900 range.. The $500 quote told me that I didn't want the box to be tuned at 32-35 hertz.. he saqid more like 60-70 hertz.. I was like uhhh I'll be back let me think about it.

theres some people on here that will build you a box SOOO much cheaper than between 500 and 1200 bucks, thats crazy. many builders on here are awesome, much better than most local shops. at least the ones where im from.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
once I get this.. I gotta fing someone to get me a box built in my trunk.. Well I gotta get the $ up 1st.. I've been quoted anything from $500-$1200... with a couple in the $900 range.. The $500 quote told me that I didn't want the box to be tuned at 32-35 hertz.. he saqid more like 60-70 hertz.. I was like uhhh I'll be back let me think about it.
Thats way too much for a trunk box my behind the seat box cost me $600 which I thought was still expensive **** minimum wage ur paying that guy all most a whole months pay to build a **** box.

I guess... But the box I wanted has to be built inside the trunk.. IDK.. Maybe I'll find some close by where I can drive up to and get it done in a couple of days.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Syntaxx7x

10+ year member
Syntaxx7x
Atlanta, GA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views