Kinetik hc800

Participant count
  • Participant list
I wouldn't. Kinetik suggests using the 1400 under the hood. Smallest I would use under the hood is a hc1200 in a daily driver. It will start the truck fine but if you have a ton of accessories it can drain a small capacity battery more than its larger counterpart. There are reasons why cars have the specific size of battery they do.

i wouldn't. Kinetik suggests using the 1400 under the hood. Smallest i would use under the hood is a hc1200 in a daily driver. It will start the truck fine but if you have a ton of accessories it can drain a small capacity battery more than its larger counterpart. There are reasons why cars have the specific size of battery they do.
that is what i was thinking, but the hc800 has more cold cranking amps and amps than my oem battery so, i wasn't sure if i would be fine then. My dakota calls for 700 cranking amps where as, the hc800 has 750 cranking amps.

Please, more ppl chime in here. My battery cost around $100 with tax and all, so if i can go with a kinetik for only $50 more, i would ratgher do this, and get better power to my stereo and other electrical items

Kinetik High Current Power Cells Use the powercell calculator.

How do I choose the correct Kinetik Power Cell for my application?

Kinetik makes choosing a Kinetik Power Cell simple. We made our model numbers equal to the wattage needed for your vehicle. For peak performance and the maximum lifespan of all electrical equipment in your car, simply add up the total wattage needed including all amplifiers, lights, winches, video and all other electronics and make sure the model numbers add up the same amount. Allow from 800 to 1200 watts to run the vehicle depending on the electrical requirements if you are replacing the under hood battery also. For example; a car with a stock 90 amp alternator can use up to 1200 watts to run the factory equipment already in the vehicle (90 amps x 13.6 volts = 1224 watts). Remember, there is a reason the factory put that size alternator in the vehicle in the first place and it was not so you could have extra power to run your aftermarket equipment! You must add power if you increase the demand. If you add a 1000 watt amp and a 200 watt 4 channel amplifier and allow 1200 watts to run the car then make sure the Kinetik model numbers add up to 2400. 1200+1000+200=2400. Assuming you are replacing the starting battery with a Kinetik Power Cell, install the size that best fits the space (for example an 1800) and add the rest of the 2400 needed to the rear near the amplifier (a 600). In this car a KHC1800 and a KHC600 add up to 2400 watts total and the car should have plenty of power assuming everything else is working properly.

Kinetik High Current Power Cells

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

KATRIDER

10+ year member
KATRIDER
FLORIDA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from