kinda of sick of sloppy bass

m4i2k2e2
10+ year member

this is my chin bank
ma
im sick of sloppy bass. im running my L7 in a 2.5 cubic inch ported box tuned at 35Hz. would it be worth making a sealed box for that sub or just but a subwoofer geared towards SQ and throw that in a sealed box. i listen to alot of clossic rock and rap.what would you do. i just bnought a new suv and i dont wanna have a nice suv with a crappy sounding street beater set up. whats your opinions. any help would be great.

-mike.

i modeled that for ya in LEAP, kicker does not really disclose all the TSP's but you can relativity fake em from the 4 they give.

your system has about a 3.5dB peak around 35Hz... pretty ugly for SQ.

ported is not the problem here, if you push the box out to around 3 cubes and tune to around 29Hz, then it is much flatter. You'll lose about 2.5 to 3 dB between 35 and 40Hz but that's probably whats making it sound bad....

Get some nice cleaner sounding subs that aren't made just for loud bass. Maybe some Focal, IDQ, JBL or something like that and get a tuned box made that matches the space they need and I bet you will love the sound. I have 2 Focal Access 15's in a ported box in the back of my truck and I love it. It's loud and shakes the truck, yet is very clean.

Yea, I think you should be looking more into 31-32Hz tuning or so. I could whip one up for you for pretty cheap. PM if interested //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i dislike the square subs...they do no justice for me...

I had a 12" l7 running off just a sx600.2 and fried the coils and locked up...

gains were down and ya...no clipping or anything had it in the factory kicker box..POSs imo...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.