KICKER warhorse in four T2 FOSGATE

Participant count
  • Participant list

dioguinhum

FL
hello friends , can help me check if the WARHORSE KICKER amplifier powers four Rockford Fosgate T2D212 . Or is this madness!

First I want to clarify that I know I 'll be using only 50 % of potential Warhorse .

in the future I can buy eight T2D4 to marry well with WARHORSE .

My main question is if no problems with the amplifier powered the T2 subwoofers.

searched a lot, researched a lot before exposing my doubt. I am studying this for days.

My question is concerning the operation Warhorse.

The WX amplifier can only high-power -rated drive extremely , dual- voice coil

speakers . Each voice coil ( speaker ) output is rated at 2 ohms minimum.

The amp is a push pull amp . One output pushes the cone, the other pulls it . All 4 speakers have to be wired with one coil from each speaker on each output of the amp.

Using coil 1 on all 4 speakers , wire in a series parallel to get 2 ohms (2 + 2) / / (2 + 2) = 2 . That connects to output 1.

Using coil 2 on all 8 speakers , wire in a series parallel to get 2 ohms (2 + 2) / / (2 + 2) = 2 . That connects to output 2.

The kicker warhorse powers only one coil at a time on your sub . The other coil gets shorted During That Time . Each output never changes polarity.

There are two separate sets of speaker outputs on the Warhorse , but they're not parallel . You have to use both of Them and You Have to Use Them on a dual voice coil speaker , one output to each coil of the speaker . One September handles the positive side of the wave and the other handles the negative side .

It seems that the amplifier works with a coil for every time, this can harm the subwoofer ?

it seems that only one coil will work for empurar the subwoofer while the other will only pull .

This can entressar more than two coils work together ?

I could not find on youtube " KICKER WARHORSE + T2 FOSGATE "

I really appreciate the help, sorry for the inconvenience.

thanks.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

lol, you probably didn't find it on youtube because anybody with a warhorse would have good subs, not t2's, lol but if it must be done as I do not understand what you are trying to say I'll just mention a cool dude I know with a warhorse and maybe he can shed some light for you.... @Jes 42;

[quote name='basswiigee']lol, you probably didn't find it on youtube because anybody with a warhorse would have good subs, not t2's, lol but if it must be done as I do not understand what you are trying to say I'll just mention a cool dude I know with a warhorse and maybe he can shed some light for you.... @Jes 42;[/QUOTE]
Thanks wiigee..Not running mine yet bro.But yeah i'd say all that buying an expensive amp and then using 50% would be a waste but hey ppl do stupid chit all the time in ca.lol...Here's the guy to ask imo @wickedwitt ; He is my resident expert on all that's Warhorse.

[quote name='Jes 42']Thanks wiigee..Not running mine yet bro.But yeah i'd say all that buying an expensive amp and then using 50% would be a waste but hey ppl do stupid chit all the time in ca.lol...Here's the guy to ask imo @wickedwitt‎ ; He is my resident expert on all that's Warhorse.[/QUOTE]
@wickedwitt; is expert of all that is kicker, but do you understand what he's trying to say about the coils? cause that lost me.....

thanks for the help, friends.

see link:

Four 2 ohm Dual-Voice Coil Subwoofers

Using coil 1 on all 4 speakers , wire in a series parallel to get 2 ohms (2 + 2) / / (2 + 2) = 2 . That connects to output 1.

Using coil 2 on all 4 speakers , wire in a series parallel to get 2 ohms (2 + 2) / / (2 + 2) = 2 . That connects to output 2.

I know how to apply only the power tolerated the subwoofer !

I can be sure it will be good use of WARHORSE?

It seems that the amplifier works with a voice coil for every time, this can harm the subwoofer ?

only one voice coil will work for empurar the subwoofer while the other voice coil will only pull .

This is good for the subwoofer?

do you understand?

thanks

--------------

I believe in using WARHORSE because in future I will have 8 T2D4. thus I can use full power Warhorse.

thanks for the help, friends.
see link:

Four 2 ohm Dual-Voice Coil Subwoofers

Using coil 2 on all 4 speakers , wire in a series parallel to get 2 ohms (2 + 2) / / (2 + 2) = 2 . That connects to output 2.

I know how to apply only the power tolerated the subwoofer !

I can be sure it will be good use of WARHORSE?

It seems that the amplifier works with a voice coil for every time, this can harm the subwoofer ?

only one voice coil will work for empurar the subwoofer while the other voice coil will only pull .

This is good for the subwoofer?

do you understand?

thanks
It wont hurt the subs hooking them up the way you're supposed to.A voice coil to ea channel is how it works.Push,pull method.Just stay 2 ohms and above.Doesn't hurt to go a little under though.

@dioguinhum,
The Warhorse is an insanely efficient, insanely clean high powered amp. The push/pull system is in no way harmful to the subs, so as long as you maintain proper settings and voltage.

For daily, musical use, the coil is always going to be in motion, while only one voice coil will be powered. This actually helps cooling of the coil. When you get outside of that realm, the push/pull will eat up a sub faster than a traditional amp, as 120-200v DC current burns the small copper windings of a coil rapidly. Do not hesitate to run the Warhorse on 4 T2s, especially if using the potentiometer to cap out the amp at half of it's potential output.

It will also be a great amp to run 8 T2s on. Don't let these other guys fool you, the T2 is actually a good subwoofer, although much stronger subs can be found at a similar cost.

Just remember these things when it comes to the Warhorse.
1. You must wire in the manner the manual says.
2. Use the poteniometer to keep the Warhorse reigned in to match these two criteria a) how much electrical system you have and b) how much your subs can handle
3. The Warhorse is a great daily amplifier, but it will not compete with similar wattage amps in SPL competitions due to the push/pull topology.
4. The TI DSP and push/pull combination means it is very hard to produce a typical square wave, so you must use common sense with gain setting. The DSP will round even a harshly clipped signal, then you will get a distorted (noisy) DC signal on both sides of the amp. This is part of what I spoke on earlier. This amp will destroy a sub in seconds if you do not set things correctly.

Keep these things in mind, and enjoy being loud!

[quote name='wickedwitt']@dioguinhum,
The Warhorse is an insanely efficient, insanely clean high powered amp. The push/pull system is in no way harmful to the subs, so as long as you maintain proper settings and voltage.

For daily, musical use, the coil is always going to be in motion, while only one voice coil will be powered. This actually helps cooling of the coil. When you get outside of that realm, the push/pull will eat up a sub faster than a traditional amp, as 120-200v DC current burns the small copper windings of a coil rapidly. Do not hesitate to run the Warhorse on 4 T2s, especially if using the potentiometer to cap out the amp at half of it's potential output.

It will also be a great amp to run 8 T2s on. Don't let these other guys fool you, the T2 is actually a good subwoofer, although much stronger subs can be found at a similar cost.

Just remember these things when it comes to the Warhorse.
1. You must wire in the manner the manual says.
2. Use the poteniometer to keep the Warhorse reigned in to match these two criteria a) how much electrical system you have and b) how much your subs can handle
3. The Warhorse is a great daily amplifier, but it will not compete with similar wattage amps in SPL competitions due to the push/pull topology.
4. The TI DSP and push/pull combination means it is very hard to produce a typical square wave, so you must use common sense with gain setting. The DSP will round even a harshly clipped signal, then you will get a distorted (noisy) DC signal on both sides of the amp. This is part of what I spoke on earlier. This amp will destroy a sub in seconds if you do not set things correctly.

Keep these things in mind, and enjoy being loud![/QUOTE]

I understand, I am eternally grateful to all!
Thank you very much!

thank you @wickedwitt
thank all

does anyone know where I can find price cheap WARHORSE in FL?

I understand, I am eternally grateful to all!Thank you very much!

thank you @wickedwitt

thank all

does anyone know where I can find price cheap WARHORSE in FL?
I don't know about cheap ones in Florida, however I do have a brand new never powered one I'll sell for $1600+ split shipping.

Also, in order to tag someone, add a ";" (no quotes) after the name. Or, simply type ["mention"]name["/mention"] (no quotes) so you don't have to go back in and edit the semi-colon out.

That's not bad at all for 10K.
I say all the time, no 10k can be had new for the horse price, they are not as popular as they could be because of their poor scores in the lanes. Most people wanting 10k RMS aren't doing it strictly as a daily, they want a number too.

I say all the time, no 10k can be had new for the horse price, they are not as popular as they could be because of their poor scores in the lanes. Most people wanting 10k RMS aren't doing it strictly as a daily, they want a number too.
I'd want 10k with or without a number..... poor mans dream there.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.