Kicker Solo X question

any over a thoussand is gonna big draw on ur electiracal system, if u only have 90 amp alt. but not possitive id wait for a more educated person to anser but thas my gues

yah ive got an 140 amp alt and im running a 1200 watt amp and it kills my electrical, so im sure ur gonna need some major upgrades when using a solo x

like poop id imagine //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

must be in a sealed box, or a gigantic ported box. they can take an ASSLOAD of power.

Im not familiar with the size of the stock alt on that car, but yeah most people who run a solo x at full tilt have upgraded their charging system quite substantially. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Here is a quick but crude way of finding amp draw. Take the recommended power of the solo x, we will say the 18" for example. 5000 watts rms. You divide 5000 watts by 12 volts and that will give you a ball park figure. Now that is more accurate with AB amp designs so I don't know how much power todays class D amps draw compared.

hum first time ive heard someone actualy having a solo x on here. how does it sound?
Sounds pretty f loud for having that sub not at full power. He came down my street one night and I thought it was an earthquake. Then I see my friend driving down the street with the windows rolled down vibing. It is a loud sub. It rattled my windows from a block away and when he was exactly across my house my windows was actually shaking, I could feel the bass pound my chest. When he is comming to school one day he stopped and let me cross at the sidewalk and he was playing his stereo, not at full power and you get a little blur vision. And when you talk, It sounds like when you put your face by a fan thats turned on and talk. Its a great sub problem is that it doesn't sound too great. Its just a sub that is just pure loudness and the sound quality is a little awful. my friend got this sub for Christmas and he got it powered with a Boss 3000 watt amp.

Sounds pretty f loud for having that sub not at full power. He came down my street one night and I thought it was an earthquake. Then I see my friend driving down the street with the windows rolled down vibing. It is a loud sub. It rattled my windows from a block away and when he was exactly across my house my windows was actually shaking, I could feel the bass pound my chest. When he is comming to school one day he stopped and let me cross at the sidewalk and he was playing his stereo, not at full power and you get a little blur vision. And when you talk, It sounds like when you put your face by a fan thats turned on and talk. Its a great sub problem is that it doesn't sound too great. Its just a sub that is just pure loudness and the sound quality is a little awful. my friend got this sub for Christmas and he got it powered with a Boss 3000 watt amp.
oh....so your only feeding it 500w. ya, a stock electrical system should be fine for a 3000w boss amp:)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.