Kicker Solo X Box-Please check my #'s

Participant count
  • Participant list

JCivicHb
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Denver
ok im designing a box for one 12 inch kicker solo x, my box is 4.777 cubic feet before sub and port. Anyway it is 36 inches wide, by 18 deep, and 16 inches tall. Im tuning it to around 43 hz, so i got the measurement for a slot port to be 12 inches tall and 18 inches wide. Does this sound correct? also, i dont know if im missing a measurement for the port as i dont know how far away it should be from the end of the box....like how wide should the port be? If anyone can suggest diff. measurements for the port i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

you could do a port that is 5" wide (internally) and 14.5" tall (internally) that is 15" long to tune to about 43hz. assuming you keep the internal volume at 4.7cubes AFTER displacements.

the SD of that driver is just about 100in^2

the cross sectional area of that port is just about 75in^2

thats on FAT port. i hope you can power that sub with a few thousand watts //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

A 12 x 18 port?!?!?! that's 216sq inches....way too much!

SPL competitors go NEAR the sd of the driver, but never over as you lose the effect of having a box. Daily users stay way under the sd in most cases because it's not necessary or worth the results to lose that much suspension strength... you're about 100 sq inches over.

I would reconsider your design, or have someone on here do one for you....like me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif (or jmac, bcarpentful (sp?), moe lester, inhumanacura, etc).

yea i have 2 jbl bp1200's for it....haha thats enough right?? ok well would you be kind enough to design me a box with a slot port.... its 36 inches wide, 16 tall, and 18 deep, like a big rectangle, and i want it to be tuned around 40-44 hz, thanks... also the sub and the port are both going to be facing up....i would really appreciate a design...thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.