kicker or infinity

Participant count
  • Participant list
I would certainly not go that far.......

The Perfect can pack a mean punch also.

It really depends on weather or not you would like a little more SQ or a little more SPL with your bass.

Given the same power, both will hit quite hard- the kicker will hit a little lower due to the larger cone area achieved through it's square shape; however the perfect will hit a lot clearer.

Take it easy,

-zane

The Infinity perfect 12's will hit harder... for about 5minutes, and then blow all to hell.

The Kickers won't sound as smooth as the Infinity but they will hit hard and you won't havto replace them every other week.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Originally posted by stones The Infinity perfect 12's will hit harder... for about 5minutes, and then blow all to hell.

The Kickers won't sound as smooth as the Infinity but they will hit hard and you won't havto replace them every other week.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Funny, my perfects hit quite hard day in-day out and i have never had to replace them.

If you are replacing your subs every other week, did you take into consideration that maybe the subs arent the problem?

Fact is, that any maroon with a gain control can provide equally disasterous results to ANY sub, causing failure.

Think of it in those terms and the odds become a moot point.

take it easy,

-zane

i have an infinity and love it i have also heard the solo baric and to be honest the sound isnt better on one or the other they just sound different kinda a personal prefrence i think

Now im not saying the Infinity's are crap or anything, what I mean is that they are best suited to compitition sound quality situations. I personally think they sound alot better then most of the other subs on the market today, but I do believe that they are not as durable as most other high performance woofers and will dissapoint some consumers that want something they can really crank ( I keep my gain on my Concept CCD1200 set at minimum and use a pioneer deh-730 for a source). I never actually had to replace my Infinity's "every other week" but I did have a spider failure on one of mine, the glue just broke apart, and I couldn't get a replacement because Infinity said they were back ordered for several months. I was patient for two months and put up with just listening to one untill I finally got fed up and demanded an exchange on the pair, the only subs of equal value they had were MTX's thunder 8000's, so I took those instead. I immedietly noticed that the MTX's had a stronger impact and more volume than the Infinity's and although the MTX's were not as smooth, they still have impressive sound quality.

And as for all you people saying that the Infinity's "hit hard", what the hell are you compairing that to? I tried mine in a dual 1.25 and 1.6cft enclosure and tried 2 different amps(concept 2002-950watts rms at 2ohms and concept 1200- 800watts rms at 2ohms) and I didn't think that they hit all that hard, I've heard and owned subs that wound knock the wind out of my chest and sound good up to 100hz, the Infinity's never could do that for me.

Im not a jerk or anything, im just a regular car audio fanatic that has heard better subs than the Infinity's, and when it comes to the Infinity perfect 10 or 12, I just can't see what all the hype is about.

-Stones

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.