Kicker L7's!!

i hit 152.5 db with 2 12inch in the largest free air enclosure, each sub getting roughly 1700 watts.. from a us acoustics 3200 watt amp.

Pretty good sub. Just needs too d@mn big of a box for my vehicles. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Originally posted by v8s10 i hit 152.5 db with 2 12inch in the largest free air enclosure, each sub getting roughly 1700 watts.. from a us acoustics 3200 watt amp.

Isn't that an oxymoron? free air enclosure Kind of like military intelligence. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

ramos you have good sense of humor, but HEY GDATW, you need to talk to Ghost of Donald M on Sound domain, he is one person that is very very familar with those subs, he might be able to help the best, but regardless, they are sick and have great potentional, and they are Kicker, enough said, but talk to Ghost he will be your best refference

I hate the fact that so many idiots can get ahold of them. They don't know what their doing, then when it sounds like crap they blame the sub, it's a shame. Such a nice sub getting a very bad rap. I have my two 10" L7's set up in an SQ system, and love them.

I was talking to Ghost and he said the the 10's are the most adept for SPL also out of all the sizes, not sure why I can't remember his explanation but many SPL people that use L7 Kickers are shifting to the 10's as of recent

Originally posted by pioneer hey i know a guy who had one L7 12....and the idiot had the gains on his amp set very high and within a week he blew it...then he blamed the sub

dumb ass ppl
it ***** but they are every where, ignorance is bliss to them

really wanna compare it to a jl.. hear same setup w/ 2 differnet amps.. maybe that day will come maybe not..

o well..

l7 same as l5

sorry sad but true

i much as it pains me to say it, the L7's are sweet subs. they have got a little bit of a bad rap about needing reeally big enclousers, surround cracking in the corners and sq being sh!tty. yet, i've heard them at comps. and they get LOUD. one car in particular had two 15's in a 5 or 6 cubic ported box, had 1500 wrms between the two and got a 152 or so. not the loudest, but he beat my friends 15" Treo's w/ about same size box and power (150.4). a shop close to town wants to yank my 8" HX2's and drop a pair of the 10"L7's in my 3^3 ported box. should i?

anyway, used right, they are as good as anything out there.IMO

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.