Kicker 750 watt amp...versions?

infowarrior45
10+ year member

Hello,

I was looking around at Kicker setups, and I noticed that there seems to be slightly different looking Kicker 750watt amps around. For instance, on craigslist, I saw that one amp has red trim, while the other is totally black and slightly curved on the sides...they both are Kicker 750 watt amps. Which one would be newer? If the prices are the exact same for either style, which is better?

Thanks!

3nf3k73p15Z45Q05P6b7ma7a4525d6ab51154.jpg

3k73m73p45Y65U15S1b77d1ce13e33d5d1d67.jpg

Thanks guys! So, could you give me some advice then on what to look for? If not Kicker for an amp, what brand? Should I buy the subs and box separately from the amp? What brand of subs should I get?

Basically kickers subs **** these days. They do get loud. But they are mass produced, cheap material, low power handling and frankly don't sound good.

They definately can slap pretty hard though for the price. Not my cup of tea though.

Their amps and wiring kits on the other hand are great. Honestly if anyone says their amps are crap they know nothing about them and just like talking **** about what they don't own. I've seen kicker amps put out some great bass (not on kicker subs though)

They are a little spendy. But not bad for what you get.

I had the kx700.5 from 2004, and it was a stellar amp. It was stolen from my truck last year, otherwise I'd still have it. I would recommend it without any reservation. I bought the amp on ebay and got a decent deal on it. I actually went with a single JL sub, because it was available locally and I could hear it before buying. Better subs are out there, but I wanted something I could see... Hope that helps in some way...

lol, not another "kicker *****" thread, lol....... yah, it's a concensus, which i agree with, that the newer subs from the last 7years or so are not that great, but the amps have never been bad. as a whole, though, kicker is still a bit over-priced, just like all the big mainstream companies...... there is a lot of different choices. look at an amps' rms rating, not max rating..... for instance, there are 500watt amps that do 8.5wrms, lol, and a whole bunch of "2000w max" amps that can barely hold 100rms or so...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.