Kicker 12s and MTX Thunder 500w amp HELP

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a 2003 Maxima. I am trying to wire up a MTX Thunder 500w amp to 2 Kicker 12 inch subs and my stock head unit. Also, I have a Bose stock sound system. I ran the power wire from the battery to the amp and grounded the ground wire. Because it is the stock head unit, I needed to splice into the speakers with a LOC. I did this through the stock amp and sub. I hooked the 2 positives from the LOC to the positive running from the stock amp to stock sub and did the same for the negatives. The stock amp and sub are running fine along with the speakers but the sub sounds less powerfull which I think tells me it is because it is powering the LOC? I hooked up the power and ground from the LOC to the MTX amp. I hooked up the remote wire from the LOC to the remote wire going to the stock sub. I have the RCAs going from the LOC to the amp. As of right now, I know the power line is in fact getting power from testing it but the MTX amp light is not lighting up. The LOC has a light on it that is lit but I think that is getting it from the + cables hooked up to the stock sub. I am not really to sure about much that im saying which is what landed me here asking the pro's. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I would really appreciate any help anyone has to offer.

I decided it was the amp that was bad because i got i from a friend of mine and he didnt remember if it worked or not. I went out and bought a 1000w kenwood amp and when hooking it up i believe the power line hit the ground and it shot sparks out. I kept hooki g everything up and got no power light or anything. Did i most likely blow the amp? I checked all fuses and the metal is not broken on any of them. Id appreciate the help.

Simple testing for on/off power of an amp is i take the power and remote twist together and ground the amp and touch to the poss post on the car battery see if the power lite comes on. Only takes about ten min to do. make sure that fuse in the amp is good

are you sure that loc wire is remote, not noise ground? mix those up and you can fry the hu trigger. do you have a dmm? i would be testing power, not just looking at things. i have seen many fuses that look good, but are actually broken where you cannot see

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.